Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to convert sender system XXXX to an ALE logical system

former_member232455
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am facing the below error in moni, I can see there are so many blogs with this error. just want to understand the process as per my requirement.

error: unable to convert sender system XXXX to an ALE logical system.

sender system---> business system(File)

Receiver system -->Business system(idoc)

1.In this scenario for Idoc receiver system we have maintained logical system in adapter specific identifier, so do we need maintain same for sender file system also to avoid this error??

2.for the sender file system I checked in SLD, there is no logic system maintained. we need to configure in SLD?

3.If BPM involved in this scenario, what could be the reason for this error?

Thanks,

Janardhan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  • Please assign a logical system name to the Business system in the SLD and refresh the Adapter Specific Attributes in the Integration Directory
  • If a BPM is the sender service, you can use Header Mapping in your receiver agreement to change the Sender Service to a Business System / Component having the correct Logical System Name assigned to it.

Regards

Bhavesh

former_member232455
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Thanks for your prompt reply. how can we get the logical system name for the sender file system?

Regards,

Janardhan

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  • Go to the SLD, Open your Business System and assign to the Logical System Name value for the same.
  • Once done, Go to Integration Directory --> Clear SLD Data Cache.
  • Now Edit your Business System in Integration Directory ( Make sure you are in Edit Mode ) and then Select Business System --> Adapter Specific Identifiers.
  • You will see a button that says compare to SLD and the Business System will now be updated with the Logical System Name from the SLD.
  • Save and Activate Changelist..

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member232455
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am receiving this error in acknowledgement, I searched so many blogs but didn't get exact solution.

in IDOC to FILE scenario acknowledgment is possible? in some blogs saying that it's possible and in some blogs it is possible...

Thanks,

Janardhan

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  • Do you want to send the Acknowledgement back to SAP or do you want to ignore the same?
  • If you want to ignore, run report: IDX_NOALE and then disable the same.
  • If you want to send IDoc Acknowledgement back to SAP, make sure your Receiver File Business System has the Adapter Specific Attributes assigned as per my response.
  • When PI tries to send the Acknowledgement back to SAP, your Receiver Business Components Logical System name is used to trigger the IDoc ( Partner Number )

Regards

Bhavesh

former_member232455
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for you reply Bhavesh.

so now just I need to maintain logical system name for the receiver file system in adapter specific identifiers right???

Thanks,

Janardhan

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes.

I assume that there already exists a IDoc Receiver Channel under your SAP Business System. If it does not exist, please also create a IDoc receiver channel.

No  explicit Sender Agreement, Receiver Determination objects for ALEAUDIT is required until you want to process this as a separate and unique message.

Regards,

Bhavesh

former_member232455
Participant
0 Kudos

ok, I will check this thing and let you know.

I have one more doubt, currently for the file business system there is no logical system name in SLD. so to maintain this from where can I get the logical system name?

we can give it any name or is there any other procedure, because for idoc we will create the logical system name in ECC.

Regards,

Janardhan

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How to assign a logical system name - please check my 1st 2 replies to this question.

What should be the logical system name - this should correspond to the partner profile defined in ECC for your outbound IDoc. The same logical system name should be used so that the Idoc is posted in ECC.

former_member232455
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

I am trying to assign the logical system name to that file business system, but that same logical system has been already assigned to the other business system. so it is throwing error as already assigned to other system. could you please tell what I need to in this case?

Regards,

Janardhan

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  • You cannot have one logical system name assigned to multiple Business Systems.
  • In this case, you have 2 options
    • Change PI configuration to use the Receiver Business System as the correct Business System that has the Logical System Name assigned to it.
    • Assign a new Logical System Name to your Business System, and then in ECC use this logical system name for your Partner Profile configuration for both the Outbound Idoc and the Inbound ALEAUD.

I would recommend the latter option as I always prefer the SAP Partner Profiles' referring to the End Systems rather than to PI or a "dummy" logical system name

Regards

Bhavesh

former_member232455
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

your answers really helped for me for doing analysis.

I have one more issue in one of interface.

scenario is IDOC to PROXY and BPM is involving in this process. the entire BPM process working successfully, but while getting ack from proxy we have message failure with below error in the application acknowledgement.

Deferred acknowledgement handling with invalid adapter status.

could you please tell how can I avoid this error as it is blocking all the queues.

Regards,

Janardhan

vishnu_pallamreddy
Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member232455
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

above blog might be useful for me.

how can we get the logical system name as my sender is file business system?