cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBP - XI - SUS configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is regarding configuration of SUS-XI-EBP. We are using EBP4.0.

As per the configuration Guide SUS and EBP should be two different logical systems. But SUS is part of our SRM (EBP) installation and SUS related IMGs are available in SRM @ "SAP Implementation Guide --> Supplier Relationship Management --> Supplier Self-Services.

In turn SUS and EBP are the same logical system in our landscape.

i) Is this right or am I missing anything?

ii) If SUS and EBP are the same logical system, then we are getting problem with the following configurations ...

a) TWPURLSVR table in SRM can't have two separate entries each for EBP and SUS. But looks like this is required to get SUS portal active.

b) unable to create Technical & Business systems in SLD for both EBP and SUS. But as per XI configuration there should be two separate SAP systems SUS & EBP.

Any reply is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Soumendu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There Gurus,

Did anybody get the EBP-SUS in 1 client scenario working? I am having problems replicating vendors and purchase orders and could use some help.

If anyone has a config guide explaining what needs to be setup to enable the replication between EBP and SUS (single client) using XI, and can share that with me, then maybe I can verify what is missing in my config.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards

Robert

0 Kudos

Hello There,

I would like to have your help with some configurations guides do implement EBP-XI-SUS in the same client. The only functionality we want to use is Purchase order response, but if I'm not wrong we need to do the configuration RFC’s to send vendor information and PO’s to be responded through the supplier.

My e-mail is Trindade.tania@gmail.com

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

Could someone send me some documentation about configuration of XI for EBP SUS in the same client, I am trying but the message SLD NOT ASSIGNED TO LOGICAL SYSTEM is displayed every time I send PO to SUS.

my e-mail- nilson.fonseca@eurofarma.com.br

THANKS

Nilson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there an answer to the question "Do we need multiple Logical Systems?" when SUS and EBP are on a single server and client?

Also, what does the configuration of technical and business systems look like in the SLD?

Currently I have gone through the whole Service Procurement: Configuration Guide (Release SRM 4.0). I have not been able to have a Purchase Order successfully sent from EBP => XI => SUS. Useing SLDCHECK I can confirm that the connection to the SLD is good and that the connection to XI is good.

I beleive the breakdown is in the makeup of my logical systems. Or possibly in the SLD but I cannot follow the guide to make the correct configurations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have configured EBP and SUS in the same client. I have managed to transfer the Suppliers from EBP to the SUS. Its a bit of a fudge really. When you run the Supplier transfer you area tranfering to the same Vendor root and purchasing Org. you need to set your technical system to EBP & SUS. you also need XI. I have now progressed to sending the XML po to XI but have a problem with the Mapping. SAP did respond to an OSS customer message saying that EBP and SUS can coexist in the Same client for SRM server 5.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish, Soumendu

Am using EBP5.0 and made SUS-EBP to work under the “Same” client.

I've configured only a single "Business System" which transfers docs back and forth.

Thanks

Dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there,

I Have also the same scenario as mentioned in this thread (SUS-EBP on the same box, same client) in my project.

Could someone please provide me with some information/guide about how to configure XI (SLD) in order to allow SUS-EBP data exchange in such scenario?

Regarding the business content provided by XI for SRM server 5.0. I noticed that for the SUS-EBP scenario you do need to define your own integration scenario's and also create some repository objects.

Thanks,

R.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dev,

Can you give any insight on how this was done. I am attempting to run SUS-EBP in one client on the same server. I also only have one business system but docs are not being transferred.

Thanks,

Jon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The EBP and the SUS systems are both part of the same SRM installation, and may be on the same box physically, but MUST be configured on different clients.

This will solve all your integration issues with XI because different clients will equate to different business systems in the SLD.

Regards

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manish,

I am working on a similar project. We have installed SRM server 5.0. SUS and EBP are installed on the same Box. Is there a separate SAP GUI for SUS? Or is all SUS configuration done through the EBP SAP GUI? Also, can documents transfer between SUS and EBP only be done via XI?

Many Thanks,

Kyle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kyle,

If SUS and EBP are installed on separate clients, the config for each should be done by logging in to the respective clients. ( I am not too sure whether the config is client independent)

Document transfer is the easiest via XI because the content is provided by SAP, along with the mappings , scenarios, etc. All you need to do is import the XI content for SRM into the Int repository, activate it and then import the scenarios into the Int directory as well. All the ABAP proxy objects are provided as well. If you want to implement something other than XI, you will need to redo a lot of work... why do u want to re-invent the wheel?

Regards

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manish,

I'm not thinking about re-inventing the wheel. Rather, I am just wondering if I have to use the wheel at all. The master guide of SRM server 5.0 states that XI is optional for the self-service procurement scenario (If outbound XML messaging is not used or a non-SAP planning or execution system is not used).

How do EBP and SUS transfer data without XI? I've read that RFC can only be used for user synchronization.

Thanks Again,

Kyle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Thanks for your response. But I am still wondering why SUS and EBP should be on different clients?

I am exploring the option of using only one client and I will keep you updated if I can do it.

I would appreciate if you could please throw some light on this matter.

Regards,

Soumendu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Am working on the same scenario.

If we configure SUS and EBP under two different clients, then how should I replicate the company data by using the transaction "BBP_SP_COMP_INI" as there aren’t any tab to provide the logical system name of SUS system.

Thanks and Regards

Dev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dev

It nice to see your post ,that u managed to configure the SRM and SUS in single client with documents going back and forth!!!!

Could you please confirm the configuration steps..Alternatively could you send the config guide on email id nitinnkhajindar@rediffmail.com

NNK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are working with the same client as of now whatever Interfaces I have configured are working fine.

please can you let me know where exactly you are getting the error...which scenario

Regards

Vijaya