cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the Fiori Launchpad favicon (SAP UI Add-on 2.0)?

NabiZamani
Contributor
0 Kudos

We are on NW 7.5 SP02 with SAP UI Add-on 2.0 SP03.

I'm trying to customize the favicon of the Fiori Launchpad itself (not the login page). Google gave me

Like mentioned in this link I can confirm that the url sent by the Launchpad to get the favicon is:

/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/ui2/ushell/resources/sap/ushell/themes/base/img/launchpad_favicon.ico

However, I can't find that file neither in the MIME repository.

What is the best way to change the favicon of the Launchpad?

Does anyone know how to do this without modifying the file FioriLaunchpad.html?

Thanks, Nabi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nabi,

Best way for this is to follow this discussion

and create a inhereting class from /UI2/CL_SRA_LOGIN and redefine method INIT_DEFAULT_PROPERTIES.

Regards,

Omar LKHLUF

NabiZamani
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Omar,

Thanks for your hint. However, did you read "not the login page"? This question is only related to the Fiori Launchpad itself, i.e. the favicon that is loaded when the FioriLaunchpad.html is loaded. As of now I expect that there is no "clean" and "safe" way to achieve this.

Best, Nabi

Former Member
0 Kudos

favicon mime repo path should be :

/SAP/PUBLIC/BC/UI5/LIBRARIES/VER/1.xx/com.sap.ushell.ushell-lib/META-INF/resources/sap/ushell/themes/base/img/launchpad_favicon.ico

but best way seems to use UI Theme Designer - User Interface Add-On for SAP NetWeaver - SAP Library

Never done personaly

regards,

Omar

NabiZamani
Contributor
0 Kudos

You are correct, the correct path in the MIME Repository is /SAP/PUBLIC/BC/UI5/LIBRARIES/VER/1.xx/com.sap.ushell.ushell-lib/META-INF/resources/sap/ushell/themes/base/img/launchpad_favicon.ico

However, this shows that the favicon is shipped as part of SAPUI5. Hence, when changing the file in there directly we would loos the changes after an upgrade of SAPUI5 - which can happen quite often.

The Theme Designer does not support changing this favicon (at least not in the latest version 1.16.3). So the links above does not help, and it is also only for UI Add-on 1.0. The link to the Theme Designer shipped with UI Add-On 2.0 is here or here. Again, it is not possible to change the favicon with the Theme Designer.

Thanks & Regards,

Nabi