cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration to S4 Hana from Non-SAP System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi HANA Gurus,

We are planning to migrate from Non-SAP system into S4 HANA. I have couple of doubts I need your inputs.

1. If we use SLT, I understand it will replicate table into HANA Database. But How to get that data on HANA Application? For example: I get MARA table replicated into HANA DB and I can see contents using HANA Studio but does it mean I will see same content if I use SE16 on S4 HANA Application?

Is there any step I need to do 'after' Replication is done??

2. Other doubt I have is, considering I have few transformation requirements. Will SLT be right tool? or shall I go with BODS? or SDI? Our leadership is very inclined towards using SLT. Just wondering if that would be right tool (considering SLT now supports Non-SAP system plus some transformations too now I suppose)

Kindly suggest please

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In My Company we have Data base team, Generally you can request them for HANA replication.

you can go to T.Code: SE14, Enter the MARA table and send that screen shot to Data base team. From there they know how to proceed with further steps.

This is procedure generally we do in our company.

Hope this will help you to resolve your issue.

Regards

Srinu

Thomas_G
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

buHello,

for my clarification please answer the following questions:

• Do you use the central finance approach?
  • Do you plan to implement S4H or S4H Finance (which release)?
  • Do you plan to replace the non SAP systems with the new S4H?
  • Which SAP modules do you plan to use in S4H?

SLT can help to replicate data/tables from a source to a target system, but the main question is the general business approach.

best regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your reply

Below are my answers.

• Do you use the central finance approach?
    • Yes
  • Do you plan to implement S4H or S4H Finance (which release)?
    • We are planning S4H Central Finance on premise 1511
  • Do you plan to replace the non SAP systems with the new S4H?
    • Yes.
  • Which SAP modules do you plan to use in S4H?
    • Only Finance.

But my question is generic and not module specific. Just to reiterate, my first question is once a source Table (any table) is replicated (via SLT) into Hana DB, how do I see it in SE16? Will that data be available for Application users?

My second question is regarding the approach we should be following for replication from non SAP into S4HANA (Central Finance) - New Implementation.

Should it be SLT, BODS, SDI or something else??

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Just to reiterate, my first question is once a source Table (any table) is replicated (via SLT) into Hana DB, how do I see it in SE16

-yes, you will be able to see it in se16, as well as in the reports which based on these tables.

'Will that data be available for Application users?'- I didn't catch this question... as a rule users dont use se16, they use reports...

'Should it be SLT, BODS, SDI or something else??' - for Central finance you should use LT Replication Server + partner product (as you have non SAP system). Of cause if you don't cinfused with Central Finance and S4H Finance, because word Central here is incorrect:

'Do you plan to implement S4H or S4H Finance (which release)?

• We are planning S4H Central Finance on premise 1511'

Thomas_G
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

as stated by Aleksey, for Central Finance please use SLT for replcation and MDG foundation for mapping.

If you replicate a specific table from source to central finance, sure, you can see this table in SE16, you can use the table for reporting as well.

Central Finance is a deployment option as part of S4HANA.

regards

Thomas