cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple finance migration activities (transports from dev and UAT )

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per my understanding after activating (EA-FIN) and then installing SFIN in Dev we will do the baseline configurations required (pre migration activities) as part of SFIN migration in DEV for GL & AA and then run the migration program that will migrate customizing data and transaction data in DEV client and will that not generate any transports (I specifically mean migration programs regarding customizing data that needs to be moved to Acceptance )

So for UAT in acceptance we will move the customizing transports generated (baseline config as above along with clients custom objects) to Acceptance box and do I need to again install (SFIN) hope this wll come from DEV itself  and have a latest production copy in A box and again run the migration programs again to verify if everything is working fine to get business sign off?

This part is not clear in AC 100 itself .. because i am unsure about what I will test in UAT is it only the fresh transaction data from logistics & Finance modules? how will the migration activities handled in Acceptance and Prod.. Please give your inputs .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Promoth,

Greetings of the day,

For your query understand one aspect that Sfin migration is a technical migration and now like a full fledged  change like New GL.

So for your question below is response:-

1) In User acceptance you need to install the sfin again

2) The customizing will move as TR

3) Run the migration project to check data move to new structure and new setup

4) Confirm and perform UAT & other steps put in AC100

Regards

Rishab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishab,

Thank you very much for the repsonse, Also please help me clarify if my understanding is correct

1. Activate New AA and Install SFIN In dev box
  2. Complete periodic close Optional (DEV)
  3. Run pre-migration and customising activities  in Dev (mandatory migration cockpit) which will create TR's to be moved to QA & PROD
  4. Optional( run migration and post migration activities in Dev)
  5. Install and activate new AA & SFIN in QA
  6. Import customizing TR's from Dev
  7. Complete periodic close and reconciliation (mandatory in QA)
  8. Again repeat step 2 & 3.
  9. verify custom codes
  10. Complete BAT/UAT sign off
  11. complete period end activities in prod
  12. Install SFIN New AA and activate in Prod
  13. Import customising TR's from DEV/QA
  14. Run migration and post migration activiteis in Prod
  15. Complete migration to SFIN HANA

please let me know if the above process is as correct and in correct order or not?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Promoth,

Couple of points,

1) Period close to be done before and not during the migration so ensure all items are closed.

In fact have a posting locked and lock the client .

So period close is first activity

2) Running the pre migration check reports should be done before installation of component / movement of TR (in QA & Prod).

Mostly the Dev -QA-Prod should be ok but you must still run FINS_MIG_PRECHECK_CUST and customizing checks

Remember both point 1,2 are preparation phase and must be done before.

During migration you can't post or close books.

In case the response are helpful please mark and close this thread to help other who might be searching on the same issue.

Regards

Rishab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishab,

thank you for the clarifications

As I understand step 2 should come first and then step 1 and then run FINS_MIG_PRECHECK_CUST and customizing checks before proceeding to other steps as I outlined before

Other than the migration cockpit, Do I need to complete any baseline configurations in SAP IMG especially for the scenario migration from Classic GL to New GL in SFIN ( Client doesn't need any of NEW GL functionalities like Doc Splitting, Segment report, Bal sheet at PC level, etc) Will the system land me in the technical New GL If I complete all the acitvities duly in the migration cockpit?