cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relationship of HCI, HEC and HCP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

does somebody know the relationship between HANA Cloud Integration, HANA Enterprise Cloud and HANA Cloud Platform?

Is it something like: HCI is running in HEC which is hosted in HCP? I hope someone can explain it to me?

Are there any documents which provide an overview in how HCI is placed in SAP's product portfolio?

Thank you very much.

Best Regards

Patrick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

HANA Enterprise Cloud (HEC)

Think of SAP’s HANA Enterprise Cloud as Infrastructure-as-a-Service plus managed services for SAP software (customers can also run custom SAP HANA apps as well as software for select third-party apps OK’ed by SAP).

With HEC, says SAP, “We offload the managing of your SAP footprint.”

HANA Cloud Platform (HCP)

Think of SAP’s HANA Cloud Platform as a Platform-as-a-Service that allows customers and partners to extend existing applications (either cloud or on-premise apps) and create applications that deliver new capabilities.

HCP is an open, standards-based platform that allows “connectivity with any system of record,” SAP says. On the HCP, customers can extend from, say, Business Suite (i.e. CRM), SuccessFactors applications or Cloud for Customer.

Please refer to the link - http://www.asugnews.com/article/sap-hana-cloud-platform-vs.-hana-enterprise-cloud-faq-definition

regards,

Harish

rcsegovia
Active Participant
0 Kudos

One question Harish!

The middleware application HANA Cloud Integration is a part of the HANA Cloud Platform.

is that true?

br,

Roberto.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,,

The Hana Cloud Integration is now Hana Cloud Platform integration service (HCP-IS), so now it is part of HCP.

regards,

Harish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

thank you for your provided information. That helped me a lot.

Regards,

Patrick