cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quantity Classification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

How the quantity classification identifies the full pallet and partial pallet.

We have defined one storage type for full pallet and other for partial pallet storage.

System is not allowing to store partial pallet in full pallet storage type.

But full pallet are being allowed to store in partial pallet storage type.

How to restrict so that system shall not suggest partial pallet storage type for full pallet.

regards,

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Alex's answer is showing where you have to set up the determination of the storage types. But I guess your question is actually in another direction, that is how does the system know which quantity classification to use?

"How the quantity classification identifies the full pallet and partial pallet."

There are two possibilities.

Either you need a packaging specificiation or you work with alternative units of measure (both is described here: Strategy: Partial Quantities First - Putaway and Stock Removal Strategies - SAP Library )

The pack spec is a little bit tricky, as you need a packaging level where you define the level for less then a pallet. If you have maintained alternative units of measure already anyway, you only need to assign the quantity classifications to these (in customizing).

Brgds

Juergen

---

Want to learn EWM?

Check for EWM courses @ https://training.sap.com/curriculum/scm_ewm

Get a SAP Learning Hub Subscription: https://training.sap.com/shop/learninghub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I request you to check my setup .

PACI and Search Sequence

2.Storage Type Search Sequence for putaway

3.Optimization Access Strategy

Please let me know what all parameters I do have to select from optimization access strategy.

How it influence the the search for full and partial pallet .

In my scenario system is not determining the search sequence SEQ2,I checked with all possibilities.

regards,

srini

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

for what you have described above your optimization table only needs one entry. The warehouse number and a flag for Putaway Strategy Indicator, Process Type, Quantity indicator, and stock type.

This way:

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks .

What I am trying to understand is on what basis system identifies pallet as Full & Partial pallet.

What restrict the Full Pallet to putaway into Partial storage type and vice versa ?

Does system creates same HU type for partial and full pallet ?

regards,

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"What I am trying to understand is on what basis system identifies pallet as Full & Partial pallet."

I wrote that above, didn't I?

You either need a packaging specification or alternative units of measure. And to these you assign the quantity specifications.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks but still things are not working.

I have one query and I hope you can answer it.

we have only one PACI and two search sequences.

So when we define PACI at that node we can only assign one search sequence . Right .

How system will consider other search sequence during putaway?

Though we define search sequence in storage search sequence node but it is not considered by system during putaway process .

I hope you understand.

Thank you

regards,

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, what is the differentiation between the two storage type search sequences? The quantity classification?

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Yeah it is a quantity classification.

But it not determining second search sequence !

Is there any special setting for partial pallets ?

Because full pallet storage type is working fine it is restricting partial pallet.

Curious to know where I am missing the config.

Let me know if you need a more details.

regards,

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

How does the pack spec look like? And have you set up the proper determination?

And is there any other entry for the storage type determination?

Brgds

Juergen

0 Kudos

Hi!

It's ruled in spro:

Extended Warehouse Management - Goods Receipt Process - Strategies - Storage Type Search - Specify Storage Type Search Sequence for Putaway

Use field Qty Class for selection correct search seq.

BR, Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Thanks for addressing  my issue.

Can you just elaborate how things work in "Specify Storage Type Search Seq " when we use Qty. Class.

Say I have Rack A (Full Pallet ) ,Rack B(Partial Pallet) and Rack C (Excess Overflow Material).

I have defined search sequence like SSq1  - Rack A > Rack B > Rack C.

But when Rack A is getting full ,Full Pallets are proposed to Rack B(Partial Pallet ) !

Don't you think system shall propose Rack C (Excessive Overflow Storage Type ) ?

Optimize Search Sequence

Please suggest where I am missing ?

regards

former_member183610
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

Quantity classification can work along with packaging specification, where we maintain the quantity classification ( Example : one pallet = 100 EA )

at the time of putaway storage type search sequence , if we maintain the quantity classification also a criteria, system check the assigned storage types for relevant quantity classification and propose the destination storage type.

Example: we have two storage types with different Qty classifications pallet & eaches

If we receive 110 products , 100 can go to one storage type as per the packaging specification and remaining 10 qty can go to second storage type.

BR,

C K Reddy

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"I have defined search sequence like SSq1  - Rack A > Rack B > Rack C."

I don't think that works.

If you use the quantity classification indicator (QCI) in the determination of the storage type search sequence, you need two storage type search sequences. One which has the storage type for pallets, the other with the storage type for partial quantities.

So first the QCI gets determined (as I described, either with a pack spec or aUoM. The link refers to picking, but it works the same way for putaway) and with that you then determine the storage type search sequence.

I guess what CK Reddy refers to ("Example: we have two storage types with different Qty classifications pallet & eaches") are the fields Qty Classifc. (QUANCLA) or PutawayCtyClass (QUANCLAP) in the storage type - but I have never managed to use these for any control during putaway (but as usual I would be happy to learn something new).

Brgds

Juergen