cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skip lot issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a case wherein there is a skip lot generated with status SKIP still the material is posted to quality.

We have checked for all the possible parameters like DMR etc. Can anybody please help me to check any specific thing which I might have missed ?

Thanks

Anand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor

I am not in front of the system right-now, but let me stretch my head to recollect my experience in the past..

SKIP does not mean the stock would be posted to unrestricted. It does mean that you need not inspect it from inspection characteristics point of view. I try to explain the scenario how it works,

1. First inspection lot was in REL mode. - The stock posted in to QI and you have to inspect the MICs also
  2. Second to 10th lot (depending upon your DMR values how you have defined it) lots go in to SKIP mode, indicating that you need not inspect it.
  3. A situation comes in where you still physically noted that one of such SKIP lots was not ok. (Even though you are not supposed to inspect it physically, you still noted some discrepancy and want to block the lot.)
  4. And therefore, you still have a chance that you can do manual UD and can post the stock to blocked stock, before a background UD job runs to post it to UU.
  5. And this is controlled by time duration that you maintain in customization. Let's say if you have maintained 8 hours there, then for background job only those lots will be considered which have crossed 8 hours after its creation.
  6. So before these 8 hours if you have the requirement either to transfer it to UU or to Block, you have to do it manually in QA32.
  7. Otherwise you should reduce the waiting period for this UD, from 8 hours to 1 hour, which will give you the same result as you are expecting.
  8. Stock for SKIP lot will be posted to UU as soon as the UD background job runs.

Other details I shall update here once I get time to log in to SAP.

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Thanks for time to reply to my query. Coming back to the issue, I tested this in the quality and there when the SKIP status was assigned to the lot it directly was posted to the UR and not to the quality at GRM eventhough the stock type in GRN was tried to post to quality by me. But in my production this doesnt seem to happen. This was despite of running QA10 i.e. auto UD.

Can you please explain why this happens ? Is it that after running the QA10 my lot with SKIP status will post the material to UU ? My lot is generated suppose on 22.05.2016 and I run the QA10 on 23.05.2016 then will it consider the lot for UU ?

Thanks

Anand J

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member185450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anand,

Please remove the Post to inspection stock tick mark in the material master --> Quality management--> inspection setup view

then try

Regards,

Venkatesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

Even if the post to insp tick is on still the skip lot should go to unrestricted and not to quality. I have checked this functionality in the test system.

Thanks

Anand

former_member185450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anand,

Have made this configuration i.e. OQB7 -Actual QM System verification for SKIP lots

if you don't mine could you please elaborate the steps what you have done..then we will come to know where the mistake has been happens

Regards,

Venkatesh..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

The insp lot with SKIP status is generated on GRN which has caused the material to quality and not to unr user. And as per my understanding the lot with skip status should not hold the material against the quality and it should post the material in the unr use.

I can understand that for DMR assigned, as per the rule maintained that the 1st lot will be controlled and get the material under quality but it is not having the SKIP stauts..

In my case the lot generated is having SKIP status and still the stock is in quality.

Note:

For further reference of the statuses generated for the SKIP lot, can you please refer to the image I have uploaded in response to Arijit's reply.

Thanks

Anand

former_member195779
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Please check whether the inspection lot is generated in CRTD status, because of no inspection plan is assigned. And after the assignment of inspection plan, its releasing with status SKIP.

After the running of AUTO UD job, stock is going to post in unrestricted.

In this case while doing MIGO stock will be posted in QM, because inspection plan is not assigned.

You can check this with the help of table MAPL. Check creation date of inspection plan and material combination in tabel MAPL, compare with creation date of material document.

Regards,

Amarnath Dube

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amarnath,

I checked for the steps suggested by you, but in my case its generated as SKIP as all the master data was in place.

Thanks

Anand

former_member195779
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

How would you know that lot is generated in SKIP stauts. You cant go with the statuses displayed in inspection lot.

Please paste the screen shot of Table MAPL and inspection lot dates.

Regards,

Amarnath Dube

0 Kudos

Hi Anand ,

Please check if you have activated the DMR at inspection lot level or Usage decision level.

I think in your case you might have activated the DMR at lot level.

Please take the UD for current lot and check the stock status in next lot.

Thanks,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

I will try to follow the steps suggested by you. I have a DMR at lot level and in master data its assigned to inspection plan. Now I need to know that the despite of having a skip status this material is still in quality. My DMR has 1 control, 9 skip and 6 control but this is generated as SKIP so how come this is in quality as while posting GR, I have observed that even if I mark QUALITY as stock type for a skip lot being generated at GRN still the material will flow to UNRESTRICTED.

But why in this case it is pending in quality ?

Thanks

Anand

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

As I understand form your inputs so far, you already have an Auto UD batch job running at the background, to free the Q-hold specific "SKIP" system status linked inspection lots to unrestricted stock. So that means, there is already an existing process which is working quite well, but one such example you have in your hand, which can't be posted UD = A by the background job. This inspection lot specific quantity is still showing in Q-stock. Is that Correct?

If so, there could be a few reasons behind UD can't be posted for this specific lot. For example -

a) No inspection plan assigned yet to this material as it's not created itself.

b) Checkbox active to Trigger sample calculation manually, in QM view for material master.

c) Inspection with task list/Material Spec/By Configuration not selected in QM view.

d) Automatic Assignment for inspection plan is not selected in QM view.

c) Multiple inspection plans added to the same material, and all are 'Active' at the same time, confusing the system to pick the right inspection plan form the list..!!, etc

I believe, because of any of these issues, the system status of your example inspection lot is going to have system status "CRTD" and not "REL", and because of it UD can't be done against it.

Please can you let us know the total system status for your inspection lot, and then try doing UD manually in QA11. Let me know if you are able to do the UD correctly.

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

With reference to the scenarion I run in the test system, when the SKIP lot was created at GR, the material was posted directly to UNR and not to quality and this was without running the auto UD job.

I want to know that is this system behaviour correct where the lot with SKIP status is held at quality and will need a QA10 job to clear it ? As per the functionality for skip lot.. the first lot is quality heald and the 9th lot with the settings as per the DMR. But in this case the lot is generated with SKIP status and then stuck in quality.

Also I checked for the

a) No inspection plan assigned yet to this material as it's not created itself.-->insp plan is created before 2 years so no issue with that.

b) Checkbox active to Trigger sample calculation manually, in QM view for material master.--No check box is not active.

c) Inspection with task list/Material Spec/By Configuration not sele

>in place

d) Automatic Assignment for inspection plan is not selected in QM view.--> selected

c) Multiple inspection plans added to the same material, and all are 'Active' at the same time, confusing the system to pick the right inspection plan form the list..!!, etc---> but this has not happened in my case

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Do you mean your inspection lot at production environment is blocked at Quality (As per initial information and shown in the 2nd screenshot) and when you tested the same process at Quality environment, it's creating a SKIP lot, but the stock is posted at Unrestricted use stock? If so, have you checked the indicator "Post to inspection stock" indicator for both examples environments? If this example if form Production, please can you ask your user to try doing UD manually, as system status is compliant for UD?

I can't really confirm why exactly this SKIP lot was not considered for UD while the batch job was running fine. May be there could be some material blocked in change mode, due to various reasons, because of that UD can't be posted previously. But this frequency should be quite low though..

Please note that SKIP is a functionality prescribed by DMR rule, for SAP system not to create additional inspection lots for duplicate testing. Reason being the process maturity is quite high and test process is quite stable for the implemented process, and there is no much use of investing time and energy for lab technicians to perform additional or duplicate checks. But, as the "SKIP" lots are already created, so your business has to do UD to take inspection lots to logical conclusion, and update result statistics for future. Normally these SKIP inspection volume is high, so the IT solution is built in place to perform background UD = A and complete it.

Now there is one more separate linkage comes into picture which is related to stock movement. If  you have selected 'Post to inspection stock' checkbox in inspection lot QM view, then while SKIP status lots are generated form process, stock will be blocked in Quality for these lots. So, your UD code, has to have correct stock posting proposal added to it, in order to free the inspection stock to unrestricted use stock, while UD is applied at background. This is pretty much standard process being used for passing SKIP functionality.

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

You mean that QA10 must be running in background to do the stock posting for SKIP status lots with auto UD.

If QA10 fails then the lot with SKIP status will post the material to quality stock as in my case.

Just wanted to confirm this as because-- in my system the user id through which the QA10 job is scheduled has not considered a single lot as its giving error for no authorization.

P.s: But when I created a SKIP lot in quality system, without QA10 the material was posted to Unrestricted use instead of quality after GRN

Thanks

Anand

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

My understanding says that we will need the auto UD batch job running to set UD = A to the SKIP inspection lots, so that materials under the purview of such inspection lots are freed. In case if the stock type selected in material master - QM view is "Post To Inspection Stock', then for this case, the UD = A linked stock posting proposal should move the stock form Quality to Unrestricted stock. In case if the material master - QM view this stock posting indicator "Post to inspection Stock' is blank, even for these also, the UD will release Quality blocking at unrestricted use stock. Means, you can now use this stock.

Please be informed that QA10 job is to not for posting materials form Unrestricted stock to Quality stock, so this is not the right understanding as I explained above. The stock posting is already decided during GR posting.

To run QA10, your user's ID if do not have background running access, then try a generic batch job ID like QABATCH, QBGRND, etc which already might be available with Basis/Security team.

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arijit..

Atleast the QA10 func. is clear for me now.. but still if the GR controls stock posting then my SKIP stat lot in quality after GRN posts mat to unr use and production system same material SKIP stat lot posts it to quality.. I am still not sure about this behaviour.. If you came across any knowledge on this then please share.

Thanks a lot for helping !

-Anand

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

As per my understanding, your Production system behavior form 'Post to Insp Stock" indicator is compliant, and it is working as it is designed. But somehow in quality system, even if you have this indicator selected for your material master, but still the stock is being posted to unrestricted, (Even though the QA10 job got failed sue to user authorization issue), then you should work with ABAP team and post another GR with them in debug mode. You will get to know if there is any ad-hock enhancement is being implemented which is behaving like this, by overwriting the SAP expected behavior. Sorry, I do not have any further idea on this new behaviour. May be you can get some better response for other experienced consultants.

Thanks,

Arijit

Message was edited by: Arijit Banerjee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

Thanks a lot for your time throughout this issue.. I have been working with SAP to understand the behaviour as already raised OSS.

Kind Regards,

Anand Joshi

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand, Sorry for being late as I did not get the enough time to investigate this further. Request you to let us know if you have heard anything from SAP on this? Was this a bug? That will surely add up to our knowledge levels.

Thanks a lot!

Anand

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Is your Auto UD batch job running, to put the UD = A and free this lot? Please check and confirm.

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajit,

Yes Auto UD job is running.. But is it an inconsistency that despite of having a SKIP status its still in quality stock?

Thanks

Anand