Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Create Fiori Like Launchpad for custom apps?

Hello,

I have 4 custom apps build using fiori design guidelines and now the client is asking me to create a Launchpage similar to SAP Fiori Launchpad?

Can someone explains the architecture of SAP Fiori Launchpad and how we can integrate custom apps into this webpage?

~Rahul

Tags:
Former Member
replied

Hello Rahul,

the Fiori login page is actually an ABAP class implementing an interface that is required to act as a login page (so it covers not only user/password/client fields, but may also cover things like password change, ...). Important: Any such class can be configured on any ICF node (=> web application), so when you have the class name (see the documentation I linked), you can configure it for any other application, too. Just check this documentation for how to do it, and instead of configuring it for the launchpad, configure it for the ICF node of your custom application.

Note: When running UI5 pps in the launchpad, the launchpad itself is the application, as far as settings on the ICF node are affected, like the login page. In this scenario, UI5 apps are actually UI5 components which are embedded into the launchpad page.

Best regards

Heiko

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question