cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC to webservices synchronous

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is an ECC to Websevcie synchronos interface. ECC side, I have a request and response structure.

ECC request has to be mapped to two methods from Webservices

ECC request structure

Field A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J

Webservice structure

strutture one A, B,C,D,E

structure two F,G,H,I,J

Now when webservcie is sending response, the webservice sends it in one structure and return to ecc also in one structure, is this possible?

For the ECC to Webservice flow:

should I create two service interfaces at webservices side or one service interface witht two operations

Is it possible to create one service interface with one operation at ECC and one service interface witht two operations for webservices side

what should be the best approach

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

Are you going to use a PI or you go to connect directly the ECC with the endpoint webservice via SOAMANAGER?

Inside a PI you can set a field on the sender side to determinate with endpoint you go to use and in mapping level to map only the desired fields. I usually work with webservices with different strcutures, at least with the error responses and in mapping level you can do it without issues.

If you use somanager you can create two ports in that transaction and in ABAP level to prepare the XML's for request and response according the port to use.

should I create two service interfaces at webservices side or one service interface witht two operations

Is it possible to create one service interface with one operation at ECC and one service interface witht two operations for webservices side

what should be the best approach

Have your WS endpoint two operations?, in the case the WS endpoint was only one operation and URL, you can create one sender service interface with no operations, and to control the different messages via mapping level. If the messages depending of some characteristic in the sender payload or in the business logic (this part i didnt understand right) then you can create one sender service interface with two operations.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Message was edited by: Iñaki Vila

Former Member
0 Kudos

Inaki

WE are usiing pI

This appears complex.

I caanot use multimapping as its synchronous

When ECC sends the message to PI, PI should send messages to both methods. Both structures of receiving webservice should get it

Then websrvuce will reply and that should go to ECC

BPM is required, apparently

ECC webservice

ECC

MT_Req

Webservice

MT_1

MT_2

so two mappings and both should be executed together

Return flow, webservices - ECC

there is only message type in each

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

I was not talking about multimapping. You can do for the sender interface for example a MT_3 with a field that point for example <service>1</service> or <service>2</service>, according with this you can do an XSLT or java mapping to generate MT_1 or MT_2 on the request side.

You can do two consecutive calls in the ECC for both structures, or you are talking about the two structures have to be send in one shoot?

Are you talking about that the WS only gives to PI one response but with two previous requests?, could you try with SOAPui?, you can emulate later the a request like SOAPui does. I can't understand a sync call with two different request structures, one after another, are you sure the scenario is not async one?

What do you think?, am i missing any requirement?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Inaki

The proxy code sends the data in one call. From ECC. This has to be sent to two methods in webservice. There is no conditions here. Whenever ECC sends data, it has to be updated in two methods in webservice.

Then webservice sends the response to ECC in a single calle

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Midhun,

Two methods with single reponse?For two methods different WSDL or just the action is different?

Can you check with the WS team,If they can split it at the WS end.