cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPROXY does not shows ESR objects although RFC destination SAP_PROXY_ESR is maintained in SM59

0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I am facing a problem when using SPROXY t-code in ECC system in which the RFC destination SAP_PROXY_ESR is maintained in SM59 of connection type G. That means the connection is established between ESR and ECC system. However, When I try to run the SPROXY t-code in ECC system, I get a popup to enter some logon data. If I click on cancel, then only local data is displayed but not from the ESR connected via RFC destination SAP_PROXY_ESR.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Checkout my response in the following thread:

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Omkar,

Your RFC destination of type G, when pinged must show HTTP response 200. If you see the response as 200 then, the objects must show up in SPROXY. I guess the user credentials are not maintained in your RFC destination. Hence it is prompting for the credentials when you connect to ESR through SPROXY.

Regards,

Nitin

0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

If that is the case, then where do I maintain those user credential details in RFC destination?

Can a person from basis team help me in this?

Regards,

Omkar

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Omkar,

Yes, your basis team must help you on this. Please go through the below thread, where similar problem is being faced -

Regards,

Nitin

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have checked in RFC destination setting under logon & security tab that the user name field is blank and PW status is set to is initial as shown below.

0 Kudos

Hi again,

My question here is if I get username and PW status as SAVED, will I get the ESR content in SPROXY?

Is this causing the issue of not displaying the ESR content and it shows local objects?? I mean is this the only issue or some other things needs to be checked besides this?

Thanks & Regards,

Omkar

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you should maintain PIAPPLUSR in the RFC destination, then only sproxy transaction can retrieve the ESR content.

regards,

Harish

0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Thanks for your solution. One last query is that what if I chose the option Do Not Use a User in the same tab Logon & Security? Does it shows local objects in SPROXY?

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Omkar,

Please choose the Basic authentication option in this tab.

regards,

Harish

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you all for your valuable suggestions and solutions for my issues with ESR content not shown in SPROXY in ECC. In order to try out the recommended solutions I need to seek some approvals and then I would be able to try it.

Thank you once again. Have a nice day ahead

Regards,

Omkar

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Omkar,

Did you performed the connection test of RFC destination. It seems that the user credential are either not correct or they do not have authorization to access the repository.

regards,

Harish

0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Yes I checked the connection test and it is working fine. My another question is why am I prompted for user credential when I am running SPROXY

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Omkar,

Are you using PIAPPLUSR in credential?

Check the link below which is answered for the same issue and also check the note below.

http://scn.sap.com/message/5893400

Note 721548 - XI 3.0: Changing the passwords of the XI service users