cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to consume a webservice created in ABAP in Dot Net?

sushil_rathi
Explorer
0 Kudos

There are many standard webservices and we can also create a webservice for a RFC enabled Function module..

But Issue is coming when we are trying to consume that web service through WSDL in DotNet. It returns the same XML file which is through

WSDL and doesnot return values for it in response.

Now as WSCONFIG and WSADMIN are Obsoulete(Cant be used)... We are using SOAMANAGER Transaction.. But what we found on many sites are old versions of Transaction SOAMANAGER.

Can any one help on how to consume this for fetching the values as response for the given request in XML.

Also Other Question was regarding configuring a reverse Proxy for Webservice. As Our server IP is not public and we have configured Reverse Proxy . How this is to be configured for webservice.

Thanks and Regards

Sushil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For first question: I don't understand, do you try to call the Web Service by using the URL of the WSDL itself? The web service is not at the URL of the WSDL, but the URL of the web service is defined inside the WSDL.

For second question, I don't know. Please post 2 separate questions, and link the second to the first one. Choose titles accordingly. You'll get more answers.

sushil_rathi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes URL is generated in WSDL and that URL we are trying to Call in DotNet. But it is not returning the values in response. It is returning the output parameters and Attributes but no values of the RFC function Module of which we created a Webservice.

What next steps are to be done after we create a webservice from Wizard of Function module..

Utilities->more Utilities->Create webservice->from function  module->and after going through the steps in wizard.. next I have activated the Service..

It asks for Changes in SOAMANAGER..Kindly Help from here.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you provide a screen capture of "output parameters and Attributes" and what you expect, please?

sushil_rathi
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have created a webservice for a function module.

WSDL URL of same is seen in  the above image.

On Execute..

Again on Execute I have a popup..

I upload a file as input..

and receive a file as output.

I get a response..as below..

But What is to be configured in SOAMANAGER for Calling this webservice or say Consuming the same webservice in Non sap system..

I am not understanding what configuration is to be done for this webservice..

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I can see in the response, the web service has returned a whole XML document inside one element <Response> (with incorrectly-escaped < characters), and that this XML document has itself one <HrXmlParseResumeBinaryResponse><HrXmlParseResumeBinaryResult> element which contains another XML big fragment. Weird!

So, I think you should have a look at what does your function module first, before looking at SOAMANAGER.