cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPROXY, SRT_UTIL, SXMB_MONI, SXI_MONI Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have just started using Web Services from SAP.

We encountered an issue where we needed to change the request structure generated by Proxy Class. In the screen, it advises to go to tcode SPROXY for changes in proxy generated structures.

However, when i go to tcode SPROXY, i can see some standard objects but not my custom ones( With the message "Only Local Objects" No ESR Connection).

Note: We do not have a PI System as of now( HCI will be coming soon )

Now,

a) How to make SPROXY work for my custom web services. Is it mandatory to have PI/HCI for SPROXY to run correctly. Can we have a ESR without PI.? Do we need a JAVA AS to run ESR?

b) For Web Services logging and tracking, we need SRT_UTIL , SXMB_MONI transactions(Which are currrently unavailable), Now, currently we are running on NetWeaver 7.0, if we upgrade it to NetWeaver 7.3, will we be able to use these transactions effectively,

Thanks

Sahil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1 - To design / model  Enterprise Services in your ESR you do not need a PI Installation. You can also go for a Composition Environment Installation ( CE ). In such cases, you would connect ECC to your CE Server. In such cases, ESR will just act as a Design Time repository. No runtime ABAP Proxy capabilities will exist.

2 - You need to configure SOAMANAGER on ECC 6.0 NW 7.0 and then use SOAMANAGER transaction to then login and monitor the webservices. You will see links for Logs&Traces, Monitoring etc. Havent done this myself on NW 7.0 but this is what my understanding is .

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Thank You for your help. This will really help us start rolling.

I have one more question, Do we need JAVA AS/Java Stack for installing NetWeaver CE?

Fortunately, We will be upgrading our Netweaver Basis Version from 7.0 to 7.3.

So, after that upgrade we will have SRT_UTIL and base for installing NetWeaver CE Environment( Am i Correct?)

Is CE a concept or just one another product of SAP, Do we have to buy additional license for that?

Is it possible to have ESR without NetWeaver CE?

Additionally, Once we upgrade it to NW7.3,Kindly, advise if the below steps are correct

a) Upgrade to NW 7.3

b) Install NW CE 7.1/2/3

c) Install ESR on NW CE

d) Connect SPROXY to ESR though SM59

After these steps, will we be able to use SPROXY to edit the proxy objects without PI. Do i need to install NWDS to create services or whatever i create(Z* Client Proxy) in ECC will automatically show up( Currently it is not showing in SPROXY)

I understand this is a long list of questions and i will truly appreciate some expert guidance on this and it will help us redesign our internal SOA Infrastructure.

Thanks

Sahil

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  • Yes - Composition Environment requires a SAP AS Java.
  • If you are upgrading your ECC environment, you will have your Web AS Java on 7.3 but a CE Installation will still require a Web AS Java.
  • I havent done a CE Installation in a long long time but till CE 7.2, there used to be a separate Installation Type called Composition Environment which would bring in the ESR , NW BPM, NW BRM and Visual Composer.
  • On 7.3 onwards, there have been certain changes as to how CE as a product is offered and its installation types. This portion of the question is best answered in the Netweaver Administrator Forum as well as there might be experts who have answer to this.

Additionally, Once we upgrade it to NW7.3,Kindly, advise if the below steps are correct

a) Upgrade to NW 7.3 -> Not a mandatory step for CE

b) Install NW CE 7.1/2/3 -> CE is available till 7.2. for 7.3 Installations, refer to my previous response.

c) Install ESR on NW CE -> This step is not required. A CE Installation has a ESR by default

d) Connect SPROXY to ESR though SM59 -> Yes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Thank You very much for the indepth explanation.

As you may have known by now, we only need CE for ESR( We don't want to invest in PI/PO as we will be getting HCI). So, even if it is CE 7.1, it will do just fine.

I believe CE installation won't require an additional license.(Am i correct?)

The reason for my confusion was in the documentation(SAP Composition Environment – SAP Help Portal Page), it is mentioned that "As of SAP NetWeaver 7.3, SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment (CE) has become part of the overall SAP NetWeaver platform".

Does that mean after upgrading our NetWeaver beyond 7.3, we would have to install CE differently?

Kindly, confirm if there are any pros and cons to installing CE prior/after Netweaver Upgrade to 7.5(From 7.0).

I just want to make sure everything is right in place before we start integrating our enterprise services.

Thanks

Sahil

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sahil,

I had seen the SAP help link as well but wasnt clear myself.

Last I used CE was on NW 7.2 when a stand alone installation was supported.

On 7.3 and above, you might need to look up service market place, and installation guides available there.. Unfortunately beyond this my answers will be more of a speculation

Would also be worth raising this question on the SAP Netweaver Platform question. Maybe basis consultants over there have more knowledge..

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (0)