cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZAVA( EDI ) O/P is in yellow color after PGI. After change mode save it becomes Green.

former_member200650
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

ZAVA ( copy of LAVA) is an EDI output used for advance shipping notification. After PGI,system is generating ZAVA output,but always in yellow color.

Each time user has to come back to change delivery( VL02N ) & save the delivery then ZAVA becomes in green color.

Output records maintained.

in VL02N, system showing as below, in further data, dispatch time (4-send immediately when saving the application). In the analysis,records are found.

WE20 is maintained for this partner also.

Please let us know if you need any further details.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I seriously doubt this is the behavior of the standard, unmodified output program. Medium is completely irrelevant here, so is the requirement routine (it only determines whether the output should be proposed or not, if you see the output then that ship has sailed) or any EDI configuration.

With "send immediately" option you can see the output with "yellow" status before saving. After the document has been saved, the output should be processed and the status should change to "green". (It might take a few moments to process the output, the document would be locked during that time.)

If the standard output program does not process the output in this way then you need to open an incident with SAP. But check first if it's indeed standard and unadulterated program.

former_member200650
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

Thanks for your reply. We have some more information as below.

The issue is randomly happening. It's not specific to any single customer. If one customer document is failed one time, next time some times it become successful.

It started giving the issue since March 2014 on words. Every month the below number of deliveries

bare having the issue.

BTW, they use the third party tool called Process weaver to look after the shipping activities.

They use Process weaver to plan their shipment. When they click on "Plan Shipment" automatic PGI happens in SAP.

So, please advise because of this interface do you think the current issue is occurring?

To interchange the data from SAP to Process weaver & vice versa there must be some program/s is/are written which may be giving the issue?

2014/03 = 81

2014/04 = 152

2014/05 = 157

2014/06 = 178

2014/07 = 169

2014/08 = 153

2014/09 = 151

2014/10 = 150

2014/11 = 155

2014/12 = 207

2015/01 = 168

2015/02 = 178

2015/03 = 204

2015/04 = 217

2015/05 = 194

2015/06 = 223

2015/07 = 195

2015/08 = 228

2015/09 = 189

2015/10 = 229

2015/11 = 227

2015/12 = 233

2016/01 = 161

2016/02 = 185

2016/03 = 151

2016/04 = 147

2016/05 = 64

Thanks!

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How do you post goods issue for these deliveries?

Is it done by any chance with activity profiles for shipments?

former_member200650
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Veselina,

Thanks for your reply & sorry for late reply.

They click on Plan Shipment field in Process weaver tool & it does PGI in background simultaneously using a Z function module.

Thanks!

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you will need to check how exactly this z-function module works.

If the FM is making use of your activity profiles, then note 509475 - Delivery output: Behavior during GI posting via shipment can be really useful for you, because it explains how output determination and processing works with activity profiles and GI at save or with GI in background and how to solve a problem very similar to yours with very simple setup.

I wonder - is it possible to test in a DEV system to set shipment completion manually in VT02N (I suppose at this stage you expect to post goods issue).

The other thing that you can test by yourself is to post GI for the delivery from VL02n.

Edit:

Forgot to mention - did you see something out of the ordinary in the shipment log?

Any dependency with number of documents, time of the day when the issue occurs?

Message was edited by: Veselina Peykova

former_member200650
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Vesellina for your reply.

I forgot to update that information like when we are doing PGI in ECC manually & through VL06O system is determining the ZAVA output successfully in green light.

So as you suggested and we also assuming the same. This could be problem with Z function module which is used to do PGI through process weaver. Will check the note as you suggested if activity profile used in the FM logic.

Thanks for your reply!

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I remember a case years ago when we used a custom program to trigger collective outputs, that when it detected a problem with a completely different output type in a preceding delivery in the same shipment, the outputs (I was using special function 8 as transmission medium for my output type) in the next delivery was discarded from processing. We had to modify our program to issue warning instead of error in such situation and then all deliveries were processed successfully.

If the process works in ECC, when you post manually from VT02n, then the note will not help you much, unfortunately.

If it is not a bug in the z-module, then your best bet is to check for performance problems and errors/warnings in the shipment log.

former_member200650
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Veselina for your reply.

Shipment log  means,  you mean selection log? if so i did not find any log. It says selection is empty.

or if you are talking about VL06F, here is the below results.

Please let me know if you want me to check anything else.

Thanks!

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, now I realize that I have confused you with 'shipment log', because you usually do not perform shipment completion from VT02N in ECC and you don't see it.

This is the log that you get after you press shipment completion in VT02n.

The easiest way to find will be with transaction SLG1. In your case this is probably done with some special user for ProcessWeaver. You can filter the results by date/time, because you can determine approximately when the log was written to the database from the date and time of shipment completion. Check several 'good' and some 'bad' shipments, maybe there will be some error or warning common for all 'bad' ones, but not in the 'good' ones, which could help you narrow down your search.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello Rakesh,

In WE20 (partner profile), can you please check if two entries are maintained under 'Message control' tab of outbound parameter?

One entry of message type without 'change' check mark and one with 'change' check mark.

former_member200650
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nikesh,

Sorry for late reply. Please find the below screen shot.

Thanks...

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rakesh,

Issue seems related to Output Requirement not Idoc, As you mentioned Output ZAVA becomes Yellow instead of Green after PGI is done. as it is customize output I believe there must be some specific requirement in output Routine.  could you please consider below points.

1. behavior of ZAVA for all delivery or specific to few only.

2. could you ask your ABAPer to cross check Routine/Program  which is assign to ZAVA.

3. if possible check the behavior of ZAVA by changing medium EDI to PRINT if possible.

Thanks,

Prashant Sharma

former_member200650
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Prasanth for your reply.

Standard routine 1 is assigned against this ZAVA output type, this routine checks that after PGI only ZAVA output type should be determined.

BTW, standard program is assigned to ZAVA output type. Anyway will check with ABAPer if any changes done to the program.

Thanks,

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rakesh,

Could you check third point if possible ?

Thanks,

Prashant

former_member200650
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanth,

Sure, will do that. but please let me know what is the objective of changing the medium from 6 to1?

Thanks...

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

Thtough changing medium we could be sure whether issue is related to EDI or output.

after changing the medium from EDI to Print and then ZAVA triggers once PGI is done mean issue is related to EDI only.

Thanks,

Prashant Sharma