cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic ERP Vendor Block at Creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement to block the vendor while creation.we have MDG as co-deployment..

Please let me know the best way to implement it.

Thanks,

Kp

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

you're right..

DERIVE_BP_VENGEN is calling only when we fill data to vendor specific data. ,

But the entity BP_VENGEN has no required field in the UI and now i cant make a field required for this reason.

Is there any way to call this DERIVE_BP_VENGEN default? ,

Thanks, ,

Kp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KP,

I think the best option for you is to go for Cross Entity Derivation, you can achieve it using cross entity derivation even though user don't touch BP_VENGEN Data.

Regards,

Sudhir Wakodikar

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kp,

best way is most probably a derivation. You can set the corresponding flags automatically (and even hide the same from the end-user). Check the extensibility guides for further information.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I tried with derivation (DERIVE_BP_VENGEN) for entity BP_VENGEN to update the fields SPERM and SPERQ but my derivation is not calling...its calling only BP_CENTRL and BP_HEADER.

Any idea why its not getting called?

Thanks,

Kp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KP,

That Depends what data you are filling in CR.

If you filling only Basic Data ( at BP Level) then BP_VENGEN will not get called. If you are filling Vendor Specific Data (After clicking on ERP VEndor New Button) BP_VENGEN will get called.

Regards,

Sudhir Wakodikar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir, Yes..Im creating vendor using Create ERP Vendor Button. Using the role SAP_MDGS_VL_MENU_04. Thanks, Kp.