cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Number of storage bins per SKU in Near Picking Bin Strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Brief summary: In our Warehouse, We are using near picking bin strategy in Reserve storage type with reference to fixed bin storage type. the Fast moving SKU should have 5 storage bins in reserve storage type and slow moving SKU should have 1 storage bin in reserve storage type.

In configuration of  near picking bin, we have one number to set for the whole storage type under storage type control.

The Question is : How do we set the number storage bins based on each SKU?

Regards,

KT

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you configured each section within OMLA ? The screen shot you have provided in only one section.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no storage section per near picking bin. it is for the entire storage type.

Could you please advise more?

Regards,

KT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Sorry for any confusion. I was not referring to storage sections but to each object segment on OMLA as shown in your new screen shot and in particular, the segments;

Srch width per level

Row -> Shelf

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

They cannot help as they are not related to what i'm asking about

Regards,

KT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, my misunderstanding

What you want to achieve can not be done, as the qty maintained is valid for all materials in the stype.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

What i need is to set number of storage bins per SKU not for the entire storage type.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is your SKU?

My  understanding of SKU is what I find in the SAPterm - SAP Terminology

The unit of measure in which the stocks of a material are managed. The system converts all quantities entered with a different unit of measure into the stockkeeping unit. The "stockkeeping unit" is an SAP Inventory Management term. It corresponds to the "base unit of measure" used in other applications.
Former Member
0 Kudos

That's my point. The number of bins you maintain in this field is applied to all SKU's within that storage type. You can not have a different number of bins per SKU.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think some clarification on the use of the achronim SKU is required here.

It has become common (in my experience anyway) that most clients when saying SKU actually mean the material master number and NOT the Stock Keeping Unit that it actually refers to in SAP.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

SKU is a material.

So, my question again is: How can i set number of storage bins based on Material?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Android,

I understand, i'm asking about a workaround to design this.

May be someone have prev. experience and can feed me back for my question.

Regards,

KT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kareem,

I am also having the same scenario what you have. Did you find any solution?

Can you please help, what workaround or development that you made to achieve the above said scenario.

Thanks,

Chandra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Unfortunately, there is no way to do it from Std SAP. you have to seek development. Or convince the client with different strategy

Regards,

Kareem