Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA XS xsodata unsupported parameter error

Trinidad
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi experts!

I have built a Calculation view having 2 Input Parameters of type NVARCHAR 50.

The calculation view works fine with the parameters and I get the expected results.

In my calculation view I have a FilterExpression based on my Input Parameters ("GroupCode"='$$IP_GroupCode$$'or "Country"='$$IP_Country$$')

SELECT TOP 1000

SUM("Balance") AS "Balance",

"CardCode",

"CardName",

"Country",

"GroupCode",

"GroupName"

FROM "_SYS_BIC"."tests.Trinidad.oDataParams.views/BPs_CA"

(placeholder."$$IP_GroupCode$$"=>'100',

placeholder."$$IP_Country$$"=>'US')

GROUP BY "CardCode", "CardName", "Country", "GroupCode", "GroupName";

I need to create an xsodata service based on my calculation view and I have added the following in my xsodata file:

service

{

"tests.Trinidad.oDataParams.views::BPs_CA" as "bps"

key generate local "ID"

parameters via entity "IN";

}

But when trying to activate the xsodata file I get the following errors for each one of the parameters of my calculation view:

Unsupported parameter "IP_GroupCode" in object "tests.Trinidad.oDataParams.views::BPs_CA".

Unsupported parameter "IP_Country" in object "tests.Trinidad.oDataParams.views::BPs_CA".

I have find out a similar post in this forum but without a solution. It says Text and Blob are not supported but what about NVARCHAR??? :

https://scn.sap.com/thread/3499104

Do you know what can be the reason of this error message? Something wrong in my xsodata or calculation view definition?

Thanks,

Trinidad.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pfefferf
Active Contributor

Hello,

generally such (single value) parameters are supported for an Calc. View/XSOData service combination.

Can it be that you have defined your parameters as multi-value paramters in the calculation view. In such cases the "unsupported parameter" error message comes up, because that is not supported. According to your filter expression with an equal comparison I would say no, but as the expression syntax check does not raise an error for multi-value parameters compared with "=" it is worth a check.

Regards,

Florian

Trinidad
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

Thanks for your help.

Both Input Parameters are NOT defined as Multiple Entries.

They are both Mandatory and type NVARCHAR 50.

Any other idea what can be wrong?

PS: My HANA version is 102.3 and for the moment I cannot update to SPS11 due to the compatibility to our program.

Thanks!

Trinidad.

Trinidad
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have finally succeded to activate my xsodata service.

What I did to fix it is not really logic but works fine...

After reading the restriction about the parameters having "Multiple Entries" not being supported I just went to my Calculation View and changed my parameters to be "Multiple Entries" and I activated my view. The xsodata activation of course gave me the error about unsupported parameters.

In a second step I changed again my Calculation View parameters by deactivating "Multiple Entries", activated my view and without any changes in my xsodata the Activation was successfull and my xsodata is now working fine.

Anyway I'm happy, if you have similar problems worth to change the Calculation View, maybe something went wrong in the past and got wrong definitions internally (even if I never selected Multiple Entries for my view before).

Regards,

Trinidad.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Hey Guys,

I struggled with a similar issue for 3 days before finally figuring that I had to open the Calc View in the text editor and add property: type = "SingleValue" to the <selection> tag for each input parameter in order to get it to work. I created the calc view using the "SAP HANA Web-based Development Workbench" IDE, it should have added this property by default since the input parameter(s) were not multi-input params but it did not.

This is what the selection tag for the input param looks like now:

<selection multiLine="false" type="SingleValue"/>

Regards,

Neil.

babuilyas
Participant
0 Kudos

this helped me save a good time. I can anticipate how much this could take in finding the root cause.