cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change field format in Communication Channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a pass through scenario (Flat File to proxy) , where I am using File FCC for converting flat file to xml.

I have a date field in source message which needs to be transformed before sending to target. How can we achieve this as I do not have any ESR map ?

Thanks

Prem

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190293
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prem!

If you still want to avoid of creating ESR objects and don't want to use custom modules you could try standard MessageTransformBean with XSLT transformation:

Inserting MessageTransformBean in Module Processor - SAP NetWeaver Process Integration - SAP Library

how to call xslt mapping in message transformbean | SCN

See Stefan's answer.

Regards, Evgeniy.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prem,

What Nabendu said is correct.

Since you have FCC you will have mapping for sure so you can just add the mapping logic(Date transformation) for the field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raghu and Nabendu..  I do not have mapping, but just transferring the XML generated out of FCC to Target.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prem,

Then Just a introduce a simple one-one to mapping with same /source structure with just transformation logic for this Date field.

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check Function Category: Date available in ESR:

Standard Functions - Enterprise Services Repository - SAP Library

Regards,

Nabendu.

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

You can achieve this by introducing Mapping or through Custom Adapter Module. Adding a Message Mapping would be much easier than Custom Adapter Module. Transformation of the field values, I don't think would be possible through FCC.

Otherwise the Sender or Target system need to modify this format at their side.

Regards,

Nabendu.