cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while doing PGP encryption

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Facing error in SFTP CC while doing encryption, Even we have tested the same in DEV and Quality system and it is working fine but getting error in Prod system. and the strange thing is for some messages it was worked fine and some it is failing and getting error as "Adapter Framework caught exception: Could not process message, Internal PGP Error (org.bouncycastle.openpgp.PGPException: exception encrypting session key)". I have checked with basis for updated JCE jar files and they confirmed they have deployed the JCE files too.and my PGP config as is as D and Q system. I have attached the error, Please advice.

Thanks

Sumit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

The issue seems to be related to JCE strenth. Can you please check (verify) the JCE strenth in your prod box?

http://<host>:<port>/BC/VerifyJCE

If you find higher key bit are not supported then you need to update the JCE file in prod box. follow the below blog or sap note

1810884 - How to find correct JDK or JVM directory to copy JCE Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction polic...

This should solve the problem.

regards,

Harish

0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

JCE updated.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

does the Prod system restarted/rebooted after the JCE file update? this is the mand. step to complete the setup.

regards,

Harish

sateesh437
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

How you are encrypting??

Could you show me the module parameters which you used?

Regards,

Sateesh.

0 Kudos

Hi Sateesh,

PGP seems to be good, sap too verified .. will post update.. we are in process of updrage sftp adapter

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

After updating the JCE Files, did you restart your Prod system?

Regards,

Nabendu.

0 Kudos

Yes .. we have done.. But still no luck.. Now we are in process to update SFTP adapter..

former_member183249
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

Kindly go with Shabrish's blog. Your error is clearly mentioned in his blog.

Do the needful check and changes.

I hope this will work for you.

Regards,

Rahul

0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

We have the similar setup..

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check with XPI inspector once. It will help to get more details to dig you elaborately.

Thanks,

Apu

0 Kudos

Thank Apu.. We are in process of upgrading XPI inspector. Will post on the updates.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sumit,

When it is failing for some messages it might be because of data issue as well.

Just try running the same file in dev/Quality Box.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the advice..  It is a soap cal  [Soap to File]. Not possible to run the same set of data since tr are functional and master data settings in prod.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

***Oops looks like multiple people have already asked to check Unrestricted JCE Installation. You may ignore this response

I need to read through a thread in its entirety

Hello,

Would suggest to recheck if Unrestricted JCE is installed. Also check if the server was restarted post the Installation of the Unrestricted JCE,

You might use the trick mentioned in this blog to confirm the same,

Regards

Bhavesh