cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning level with 6 MDTs in IBP 6.1

achal_gautam2
Explorer
0 Kudos

As per one of our client requirement, we have to create a planning level with 6 Simple Master Data and mark one attribute of each MDT as root. But the Planning area is not getting activated. I removed the Planning level and Planning Area got activated. Again added the planning level and activation failed. Is there a limitation on number of Master data or root attribute in creating a Planning Level in IBP6.1.

There are two errors in activation- One is database error(An error occurred when the database procedure /IBP/CL_SAP_SFND_SOPDM=>SOPDM_ACTIVATEPLAREA  was called...) and other is - /IBP/CL_SAP_SFND_SOPDM========CP /IBP/CL_SAP_SFND_SOPDM========CM001:1 error.

Regards,

Achal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

parveen_kumar6
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Achal

I don't think that there is such a limitation in the system. You just to need to make sure that atleast one attribute from each MDT is selected as root in the planning level. If you are still facing the issue, can you please create an incident. 

Thanks

Parveen Kumar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

achal_gautam2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen & Watson,

Thanks for clarifying that there is no limitation in creating a Planning Area as far as the Master Data & root is concerned. I think I will be able to configure a Planning Level with Six MDTs and their roots.

Regards,

Achal

Former Member
0 Kudos

With the limited info provided, I can think of one possible scenario for the activation failure.

For any single MDT, are you marking an attribute as root in the planning level, but that attribute is not also the KEY of the MDT?

Simple Example: 

• Say your MDT is PRODUCT and you have 3 attributes for the MDT
    • MATERIAL,GROUP,TYPE for instance
    • In your MDT definition you have MATERIAL as the lowest level/KEY.
    • In your planning level, say you marked "GROUP" as the root but included MATERIAL in the level as well
    • You also have a stored KF using this planning level as its base planning level

In the scenario described in the 'simple example' above, the activation will fail because for any given 'GROUP' attribute, the system won't know which 'MATERIAL' to assign upon new PLOBJID derivation because there could be many materials to one 'GROUP'.

So in the off chance that this scenario matches your instance, you have 2 choices.

1. You can either remove 'MATERIAL' from your planning level
    • (Assuming that for every 'GROUP' your master data resolves to only one 'TYPE'.  If not you will also need to remove 'TYPE' from your planning level as well.)
  2. Or if you need to keep MATERIAL in the level, mark it as the root instead.