cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM: No RFC destination for the TMS domain controller <solman prod> of system <solman dev>

0 Kudos

Hi all,

we have ChaRM successfully up and running in our landscape. We setup initially on a Solution Manager development system SMD (using separate clients in the development system as managed systems) and then on a Solution Manager production system SMP (connected to our actual managed systems).   This has been successfully managing our Change Management process using the SMP system for quite some time now.

However we have since gone back to use our SMD system to test setup of some changes to configuration and roles, this system is now not working.  The only change that we have made from when it was working is that we have changed the domain controller from SMD (development) to SMP (production solution manager). 

The landscape for our SMD system is:

SMD320 --> SMD321 --> SMD322 --> SMD324

[Managed by Solution Manager ChaRM on SMD300]

Now in our ChaRM projects (old and newly created) we get the following errors around the RFC destination to the TMS domain controller.  We didn't expect to have any activities following change of domain controller, however tried to refresh the projects, create new projects, redistribute TMS, checked TMS RFCs, checked SMSY that the correct domain is listed in SMD and SMP.

We even have manually created all the RFCs from SMD300 to SMP000 client to no avail (we purposely haven't setup SMP as a managed system to avoid conflict).

Has anyone experienced similar issues or any idea on how to resolve this?  Any suggestions would be welcome

Thanks

Paul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi guys,

to close this off we confirmed the issue was with the technical system for the domain controller not existing in our ChaRM source client.  We synced the SLD from Production Solman to Development Solman via RZ70 and then refreshed projects now that it can see a technical system for the domain controller.

Thorben, I suggest taking similar approach and it should get past the checks.

Best Regards

Paul

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Thorben, yes we get the same error on refresh of the existing projects as your screenshot.  I've since done some debugging to see where it retrieves the RFC.  It looks to call function /tmwflow/get_rfc_dest with variables domain controller = SMP and destination type = S (i.e. read only RFC).  This function searches the technical systems for the domain controller (i.e. SMP) for a client with an RFC read only.  As we purposely haven't set up our Production Solution Manager as a technical system in our Development Solution Manager it can't find anything and raises an exception.  I'm looking to see if there is any workaround we can use to force it to use the read only RFC we have manually created for SMP without having to create the technical system.  Any suggestions on this from anyone would be welcome

Rishav, this was a new project that I gave example screenshot for.  We get the same error regardless of whether it was an existing or new project on check in ChaRM. As above looks like it's because our domain controller (i.e. Production Solman) isn't a technical system in our source ChaRM system / Managed system landscape (i.e. Development Solman).  Any ideas?

Thanks

Paul

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok can you confirm if you had below RFCs for your SMD system from the production at 000 level.

TMSADM@SMD.DOMAIN_DSM

TMSSUP@SMD.DOMAIN_DSM

TRUSTING_SYSTEM@SMD

And all these RFCs are working fine.

Additionally check below RFCs as well from productoin

READ,TMW 

Thanks

Rishav

velden_thorben
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

i was literally just going to open up a thread, too. Same problem here, we wanted to set up a new ChaRM Project for Testing on our SMD (4 Clients as well) after we built it from the SMP and are stuck at the same point with exactly the same result. You're not alone.

Do you get the following popup when refreshing the data in the menu of the project? We do.

Anyway, i will inform you if we can solve the problem and hope you will update this thread in case of success, too.

Regards,

Thorben

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Ideally you must need to close the current maintenance cycle/Task list and create a new.

The reason being the tables /TMWFLOW/TTRCKHC and /TMWFLOW/TTRCKEC which will be updated partly for any tms route changes and the new changes will effect only when you create the new task list,

Thanks

Rishav