cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charm: Questions about Request Import Options

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

we are currently implementing Charm on our Organization and we have couple of questions that we need some advise about all in the area of Normal Change SMMJ

1) While importing the request after Authorize for Import the IT Operator Can Only Import the Request into Production what if i want to schedule it to be imported for example 2 hours from now or on a specific time. how can this be accomplished ?

also i know it can be done by task-list but the task list require me to move the maintenance cycle phase of the project forward.

what if i don't want to move the maintenance cycle.

2) how can i skip or disable checks for the Normal Change cycle?

e.g i have to release the task of the request before i pass normal change to test. how can i skip this or disable this check ?

and also other checks like the one when scheduling a request from task list it need a specific phase of maintenance cycle.

this are the questions for now and i should update it once i get any others.

you suggestions and insights are highly appreciated.

Regards.

Ahmad Salam.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed

1. You have to use the maintenance cycle for the normal change, otherwise you can use urgent change for same.

However, You can modify your normal change also (consistency checks to eliminate the checks for normal change), But it is not recommendable practice.

2. You can modify these checks but it will make the situation very complicated for you as at later point of time you had to embed these checks or you need to architect the behaviour accordingly. Alternatively there is a good functionality as you can  bring back the change to in development again and attach as many tasks to a main transport you want.

consistency checks can be find below

SPRO-> Capabilities->Change request management 

Thanks

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rishav,

I have tried the Urgent Change but still to schedule import he ask me to move the Maintenance cycle phase.

and thats logic as it also requires a Project.

Regards.

Ahmad Salam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also can you please give more path for the consistency check

Former Member
0 Kudos

the error message i get is : Task cannot be executed/scheduled during phase

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

No urgent change, your project cycle should not be in go live phase thats it. It is independent of the maintenance cycle otherwise.

Path is here, when you click that you will find checks.

Thanks

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rishav,

To cut it short all i need is to disable the check the genereates this error :

/TMWFLOW/TASKLIST  : application Area

230 : message No.

Task cannot be executed/scheduled during phase 'Development with Release'

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed

If you are using the urgent change than this error should not appear,

I guess you are using the normal change only and trying to move the changes to production system ,

That is not possible in standard way. You may need to customize your task list as well. Which can further complicate your scenario.

I will say you can use the Urgent change itself, you need not to touch the task list itself

Thanks

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rishav,

Im using Urgent Change ZMHF

to schdulle a request you must go Tasklist that is combined to a maintaince cycle.

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed

Nops in urgent change, you can proceed without the task list.

Via status movements, it should release or transport your changes.

It will be immediate movement, try changing the status to " Authorized for production".

Thanks

Rishav

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

the task list is mainly used for Normal corrections as they go together with a planed time like weekly etc.

whereas urgent changes go at any point of time irrelevant of task list or maintenance cycle phase.

In the urgent, you always click on action and change status for e.g. if you change from

In development-> to Be tested

the status will be updated and in the background TR is released and imported to Quality system etc

But remember this is only possible if you have the required authorization setup in place for moving TR/them or security setup well in place

Further, the screenshot shared by rishav shows the IMG path where you can make settings like he mentioned or can decide when to release or import TR at what status.

hope this clarifies further

Thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

i need to have the option to scdulle the import in a specif time with some import options e.g :

i want to schedule import request SID000001 at 9:00PM with overwrite original object option.

how can this be done ?

regards.

Ahmad Salam.

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed

I will suggest you can schedule an autoimport job for the project at that particular time specific to project with all the options you want.

Check note :- 1897163 for same.

Then by scheduling the below program as a job you can change the status of that cds to next status.

CRM_SOCM_SERVICE_REPORT

Thanks

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rishav,

when trying the report if i choose the selection with status i cant see the SMMJ status's i see those status :

I1031Authorization of Zcard not OK
I1034Order Template
I1036Blocked for Printing
I1037Main Competitor Product
I1069In transfer for billing doc.
I1070Transferred to bill. document
I1070Transferred to bill. document
I1071Billing doc. transfer: error
I1072For billing
I1073Fully Billed
I1075Blocked for billing
I1077Changes forbidden
I1077Changes forbidden
I1077Changes forbidden
I1087Document from OLTP
I1093Confirmed
I1101Archived

how to see the SMMJ status E00X and so on ?

i want to set the report to change the requests that are relesed for import to the next status.

Many thanks.

Ahmad Salam.

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ahmed,

First enter Transaction type like SMMJ or ZMMJ and then press F4 in the status field

this should resolve

Thanks

Prakhar

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

After selecting the status as Prakhar had mentioned,

there is check box down " set to next value" remove the list output only.

Thanks

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Parker and Rishav,

ok i did this all now it send the status to another status than the one i need how to set the sequnce so that Imported into production is the next status of Relesed for import ?

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to check the status profile for same. Be default it will come next only.

use t-code crmbs02 and see the status sequence of ZMMJHEAD .

Thanks

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rishav,

As you can see in the screenshot :

the sequence is correct Released for import is 80 and Imported is 90 but the report sends it from 80 to 40 successfully tested

Regards.

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

First check in the list without updating in database, only display only checks.

Keep the list of update checked only in the last. Then share the screen shot of result and your TJ30 table with input value ZMMJHEAD.

Thanks

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

here you go :

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok, Please can you share the screen shots for "Set next status value" and while you performed that, action log of your normal change as well.

Quite strange

Thanks

Rishav

Answers (0)