Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is migrated for the user

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi All

I had thought to turn this one into a document as well and might based on feedback....

Not everything will be  migrated to 1DX for users. So far, this is what I've observed or learned. Appreciate any other contributions or correcting my understanding

Not being migrated

1. Profile Pictures
  2. Bookmarks (cannot see anywhere they will be stored)
  3. About Me/Biography - this will be lost and users will have less characters to enter the same
  4. Private spaces - content is being moved to SAP JAM and impacted people are being advised
  5. Questions that have no answers against them
  6. Other profile information (e.g tags, LinkedIn, etc information)
  7. Private/Direct Messages - assume this will disappear and not be migrated (it eventually expires in current SCN anyway)

Major Change/Partial Migration

1. Reputation - Points/Leadership/Badges will no longer exist - snapshot in display only will appear against user profile for historical purposes.

Migrated

1. Followers/Who is following you will show against your profile
  2. Questions that have answers - moved to archive/read only. Will not show against your profile(?)
  3. Documents - appear in SAP Archive
  4. Blogs - yes and will show against your profile

I'm sure there's more but it's getting late for me

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Another item - blogs in personal area. They do not belong to a space so I assume they aren't migrated. If not, how will they be in archive?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It was said that questions without answers will not be migrated, however, I saw today a reply from Gabriella that they get migrated but will not be visible in the search, which is for users actually the same.

You forget the statuses that will not be there in the beginning

tamira
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Personal blog posts won't be migrated unless they are moved to a space that will be migrated. There should be a blog/announcement coming out that lists content that won't be migrated, so that Community members would have time to take action/save their content if they want to.

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What about bookmarks ?

SimoneMilesi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No migrate for what i understood.

tamira
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

In the meanwhile, this changed, so personal blog posts will be migrated after all.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would hope that recent unanswered questions get migrated, for some value of recent...

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I'll need a 1DX member to reply to that one but I recall on one of the conference calls that questions which had zero answers would not be. I assumed this is partly due to it going to archive in read only?

moshenaveh
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Let's loop-in

moshenaveh
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

and for the reputation part.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some questions don't get answers for a while - a week or more sometimes. Surely questions that young need to stay live, don't they? It'll just be annoying to find they haven't been migrated and that's what you've had no answers.

I've had one of my questions answered many months after I asked it, although I'm prepared to admit I'd given up on it and so not having it migrated wouldn't have been a problem for me!

Steve.

caroleighdeneen
Community Administrator
Community Administrator
0 Kudos

As Colleen summarized, points, level and badges iwll not be migrated, instead preserved in the reputation snapshot. One exception is status mission badges. Since the plan is to continue recognizing members of the month, featured contributors, moderator spotlights and HANA distinguished engineers, those badges will show up in new earned misison set.