cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing plant in the project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a project with plant assigned as A at project definition level. I have released my project,created purchase requisitions against the project and now i need to change the plant to B. I have tried in IDES system, i can able to change it. But is it recommended to change the plant? What are the best possible ways to implement this scenario?

Regards

Gouthami

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gouthami,

In standard, system will not restrict you for changing the plant, there is no issues, so you can change it.

You cannot change the plant in Network, after it is created.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the impact on my project,do i need to settle the project before i change this to plant B?

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is recommended not to change after actual cost posting.

Also your plant should be associated to the company code.

Now, let us know why you want to change the plant, what is your business requirement.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. My Business requirement is i have set up new plant B from which all the production, procurement and services are happening to project of plant A. That's the reason i would like to change thePlant in project from  plant A to plant B.

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Changing the plant on the WBS won't change the plant on the PR's.  And if you have posted actual costs you won't be able to change the Company Code.

Are the 2 plants assigned to the same company code?

It would be cleanest if you created a new WBS with new PR's.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. Yes two plants assigned to the same company code. Even my thought was same that without changing the existing structure , adding a new WBS would be helpful.

Regards

Gouthami