Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP User - Authentication issue

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have an interface where another system is pushing a soap message into PI. For that I have created a user with SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER role.

The issue is that when I gave them the WSDL link file, they are unable to open it with the user credential i gave. It is giving error authentication again and again.

Any idea what other role should i be included or any other specific settings that I need to do for a soap sender.

Note that the same role assigned for different interface is working fine to push HTTP messages. It is just not working or authenticating for accessing the WSDL and pushing SOAP messages.

Regards

Sam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sam,

Have you tried to use this user in SOAP UI?

Have you tried to use this User to access any of the PI URLs?

What could also be the case is that this User might have been set up with a Password Change for the first login and the password needs to be changed with a manual URL login before this can be used..

Regards,

Bhavesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

This is resolved now.

When creating the user, the security policy was set to 'Default'.  I changed this to 'Technical User' and it worked fine.

Regards

Sam

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That co-relates to what I had suggested -a Default user will need a password change

Glad to know that the intuition still works at times

Regards

Bhavesh

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh

Yes, your response only made me to cross check again the account information.

Thanks!

Regards

Sam

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sam, Would suggest you close this thread so future searches could lead folks to this thread and it turn to checking the user type!

Regards,

Bhavesh

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sam,

Try with this role-PIAPPLUSER

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu

They have the same role as of what i created for the new user.

Regards

Sam

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sam,

Try adding the user in the Assigned users tab in ICO.