cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG-S ERP Vendor Creation-Derivation rule

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Requirement is to default some field values in the entity BP_VENGEN.for this I created a derivation rule using the tcode USMD_RULE for the model BP.

Created Function as DERIVE_BP_VENGEN with my ruleset and rule.. When I simulate its working fine.

But its not working when using UI’s.

While debugging CL_USMD_RULE_SERVICE I can see only 2 entity types BP_CENTRL and BP_HEADER…

How to default the values? Thanks, Kp

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Shankar,

The class CL_USMD_RULE_SERVICE->IF_USMD_RULE_SERVICE~DERIVE_ENTITY is triggering only for BP_CENTRAL and BP_HEADER..and its not triggering for BP_VENGEN.

I even created a Trigger function for BP_HEADER and used BP_VENGEN as data object ,its triggering but giving error.

Thanks, Kiran

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please let us know what error you are getting..

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi KP,

since the BP is a re-use object, the better place for derivations is the corresponding handler class for the supplier. Check the extensibility guides for further information.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Can i know which handler class i have to use for ERP Vendor and also please help me with extensibility guides.

Thanks,

Kp

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kp,

see , section for Business Partner, Customer and Suppliers for details.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Can we create trigger function for entity BP_VENGEN ??or We have to create Function as BP_HEADER and use the BP_VENGEN as data object?? Thanks, Kiran

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

KP

your want to drive the values or default the values...if default then use the rules.instead derivation.

regards

shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar, Drive the values..Can we create Derivation rule for entity type BP_VENGEN ? Thanks, KP

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes you can..