cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to open ESR after Java Update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I updated java version on my system to Java 1.8.0_91. We are on PI version PI 7.31 .

From that time on ,  ESR is not opening up only for me and the issue is not happening for anyone else in my team , as they are on the

old java version.

I tried different solutions provided already in SCN like clearing the temporary cache  , modify security settings in java config , adding the URL to the exception list to be allowed to open - but none of them have worked . Please assist.

I have attached the snapshot of the error.

Regards,

Nick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sateesh_adma
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Nick,

We also faced this issue in the past, once we downgraded  java to 1.6_45 it worked successfully.

Thanks,

Sateesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sateesh.,

Thanks for your inputs.

How did you downgrade the java version.

Do I need to uninstall Java completely and reinstall the previous version ?

Regards,

Nick

sateesh_adma
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Nick,

Uninstallation is not needed, just install the 1.6_45 version of java and in configurejava use 1.6 as default java version . So when you open ESR it will use 1.6

Thanks,

Sateesh

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

Just uninstall java 8 update 91 from the control panel and keep older version like 65 below then it will work because in update 91 they added more security.

Regards,

Praveen.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi.

I have made an upgrade from JRE and JDK in my PC with windows 10
From 1.6.0_37 to 1.8.0_241

When i want to open the applications ESB and IB i get an error that says:
Signature algorithm: MD5withRSA (weak)

In the URL https://www.java.com/es/download/faq/release_changes.xml Oracle document the error.

Solution:

Disable the propertie jdk.jar.disabledAlgorithms in <JRE dir>/lib/bin/java.security and add the domain of the system with his port to the exception list in the java control panel.

For disable the propertie is like in the host file from windows

hope this help you.

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello all,

There is an issue with this latest Java version. Bug reports are open on the Oracle side regarding this. See KBA 2316581 Unable to start PI ESR with Java 1.8.0_91, for more details.

Regards
Mark

former_member183249
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Nick,

Goto downloaded JNLP file and open with "javaws" of JRE 1.6 or JRE 1.7.

I think it will run fine with JRE 1.6. Make this (javaws of JRE 1.6) as default program for opening the jnlp file. It will definitely work. Because when Java gets updated latest version becomes default program.

Below is the screenshot to select javaws file:

Note: For PI7.31, you have to select javaws under JRE1.6.

Regards,

Rahul

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nick,

As per my knowledge java 8 is not compatible with SAP PI 7.31. you may need to remove the existing java version and install the compatible version i.e Java 6 or Java 7.

Please go through the below links

Troubleshooting PI ESR and Integration Builder Logon Issues - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

Note 1488550:ESR object cannot be open from Integration Directory

Regards

Bhargava Krishna