cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI 4.2 Training Schedule

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I will start a training for a customer on BusinessObjects BI 4.2. I'm working in SAP BI since 2012 but all my experience is implementation and reports creation, so this is my first time to conduct a full training on BI. I need help from experts in estimating the training time, i.e make a training schedule in days, knowing the following info:

- the audience will be a group of five IT users who have non-SAP database and software experience.

- it will cover beginner and advanced features.

- it will teach users how to use BI 4.2 to display reports, and also how to create reports from scratch.

- the customer has BI 4.2 newly implemented, it will report on two systems (two separate databases): SAP ERP (SAP database) and another customized application (Oracle database), reports might be created on both databases at the same time (multi-source reporting)

- the training topics will be:

-- BI 4.2 administration (CMC and BI Launch Pad and related topics)

-- Crystal Reports 2013

-- Web Intelligence (and how to convert Desktop Intelligence reports to WebI)

-- Dashboards Design

-- Information Design Tool

-- Lumira

-- BI Workspaces

All reporting tools features will be entirely covered in the training, including beginner and advanced ones.

I need to put a time estimation for this training in order for my company to be able to charge the customer for man days, and honestly I can't estimate how much time it will take to finish the training for each tool, and my search in the community didn't get me useful results (the most related topic was ) , so I need help from someone who did that training before. Any help is much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ayman,

When building custom training content, you best resources are:

For Proper Table on Content:

https://training.sap.com/ca/en/courses-and-curricula/business-objects-business-intelligence

Training Material Users Manual / Tutorial Video

Analytics Knowledge Center

Typical Delivery Days for Custom Training (suggestion)

• BI 4.x Server Admin Details ( 3 to 4-Days with Hands-on exercises )
  • Crystal Enterprise / Reports ( min 1-full Day w/ Hands-on exercises )
  • Web Intelligence  ( min 2-Days w/ Hands-on exercises )
  • .Dashboard Designer ( min 1-Day w/ Hands-on exercises )
  • Design Studio ( min 1-Day w/ Hands-on exercises )
  • Information Design Tool ( min 2-Days w/ Hands-on exercises )
  • Lumira ( min 1-Day w/ Hands-on exercises )
  • BI LaunchPad / BI Workspace ( min 1-Day w/ Hands-on exercises )
  • What about Analysis for MS Office / Analysis for OLAP ?
  • What about Live Office ?
  • What about Explorer?
  • What about Mobile integration ?

This is what I specialize in and this is how I have delivered it in the past using customer data and content.  Building exercise material using customer content and lots of screen shots.  You can get a the basic workflow / TOC from the BOBJ Training site.

You should also ask the customer if their deployment will focus on ALL the tools?  This will help you focus on certain tools more then others.

Good Luck,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Ajay, you really provided useful information based on real experience.

Regarding the four topics you mentioned, no they are not required, although we might quickly pass by Live Office during Dashboards Designer training, but we won't focus on it.

The customer wants his staff trained on the tools I mentioned, so that they become able of creating whatever reports they might need in the future.

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ayman,

If your back-end is UNV/UNX against relational DB then I seriously suggest looking at Explorer.   Explorer allows you to Data Exploration against Millions of records in milliseconds.  You also fully leverage row -level security so users do data exploration against there own data-set.

Regards,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ajay. This is a good suggestion, yes the back-end will be universes against relational databases. I can propose it but the final decision is up to the customer and I don't think they will be interested, at least for now.

However, I'm interested to know your suggestion for the estimated time of training on Explorer and Mobile integration.

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ayman,

To teach full functions Explorer will take about 3/4 to 1 full day.  

Mobile will depends on what type of reports you will consume, currently Mobile supports Crystal, Dashboards, Design Studio, Explorer, Exploration Views, Lumira and WebI.  Also can integrate with Cloud solutions offered by SAP. 

It will also depend on the level detail you will users to access in Mobile.  The Mobile training has a lot function that would take anywhere from 1 to 2 days to teach all the advanced options for all the tools listed above.

Regards,

Ajay

Answers (0)