cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP Contoller in APO Product Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Can MRP Controller get populate as production planner in APO Product Master when Materials are CIFed to APO ?

I tried Prog. RIMODINI for Materials and the production planner filed was not populated.

I do not want to maintain production planner manually in APO.

Is there a specific note on how MRP controler can be populated via CIF as standard ?

Regards

Alin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alin,

Production Planner is specific at the product level.

MRP controller is specific at the plant level (in SCM this would be Product/Location level).  It is illogical to map these fields together.

Standard SAP CIF does not accommodate such mapping.

Best Regards,

DB49

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have seen this done at clients.  If the MRP controller is "consistent" across all locations why not map it?   It is easy to modify CIF to populate the product master field values with anything.

Ken

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Use EXIT_SAPLCMAT_001 for this. Check with your ABAPer and he will help you to do so. Though already mentioned by Dogboy 49 this is an enhancement aand you need to test thoroughly considering your overall requirement.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alin:

As mentioned in previous posts, based off SAP's standard functionality the MRP controller in material master in ECC is not mapped to the production planner field in the APO. You would be needing an enhancement by using the following user exit.(APOCF005).

Use the following SAP OSS Note 520561-Maintaining product master in R/3 or in APO.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Thank you all for answers were helpful.

The note 520561 does not specifically mention on MRP Controler mapping with the help of user exit.

I searched 456460 but it is old version and do not know any recent one is released.

A specific note would be helpful for implementing.

Regards

Alin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alin,

This is an enhancement, not a repair.  As I mentioned earlier, mapping 'MRP Controller' to 'Production Planner' is not supported by standard SAP.  There are very few enhancements for which SAP releases OSS notes containing detailed implementation instructions.

In many companies, you would write a functional spec which describes in detail how you want the enhancement to behave.  Then, hand it off to your programmers for execution.  As with all enhancements, rigorous testing is suggested.

Best Regards,

DB49