Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert Image button grayed out

ian_armstrong
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

I inserted a number of screenshots in several documents last week. When I came to add one more screenshot to a table cell in one of the documents, the 'insert image' button was grayed out.

I tried clearing the browser cache, logging off etc., but the issue remained. The problem exists in IE, Chrome, and Firefox. I have this problem with only one of the documents that I created (), which suggests something in this specific document is at fault, but I thought the functions in the toolbar would be independent of whatever I put in the document.

Any ideas on what the problem might be and how to solve it?

Thanks!

Ian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

There's a ~20 image limit on content: Looks like you've maxed it out.

This is mainly a usability issue as pages with this many images get pretty long and should be split into multiple documents.

ian_armstrong
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Thanks for the swift response! Since I had more than 20 images even before the button was grayed out, I figured there might be a different cause.

After removing sections in the document one-by-one, I narrowed down the problem to one table. Whilst I don't know what the ultimate cause of the problem was, it was something to do with that one table. After removing it, the button became active again. So, I recreated the table, and even after inserting all images again, the button is still active

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Ok. The total is approximate and there's also a size limit too.  But looks like you found the source of the trouble that was something else. Good.