cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade(Migrate) PI system from PI 7.1 to PI 7.4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a customer. Its PI version is PI 7.1. It wants to upgrade the version from PI 7.1 to PI7.4 or PI 7.5. Currently, this scenario for PI 7.1 based on the adapter WS and IDOC. I know the tools of migration is SAP directory migration tools. My questions is that the adapter is automatically changed to the channel(WS->WS_AAE , IDOC->IDOC_AAE)?

In addition, the customer wants  using the adapter REST to communicate with third system. The PI 7.4/7.5 have the inbuilt REST? Which one version?

For upgrade, Any tips I need to notice?

Thank you for your reply in advance.

Many thanks & best regards,

Hubery

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hubery,

Is your 7.4 system, Dual-stack or single-stack? And in 7.5, you do not have ideal dual stack option.

If you want to have dual-stack option in 7.5, then you need to go for dual-stack split option. Below link for dual-stack split -

Also more information about SAP Netweaver discontinues dual stack installation -

If you are upgrading, then it must be SAP PI 7.1 to SAP PI 7.4 dual stack.

REST adapter is available from PI 7.31 SP14/ PI 7.4 SP 09.

Regards,

Nitin

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hubery,

You can also go through the below detailed document from SAP, to decide whether you must go with upgrade or migration (new-installation)?

http://sapassets.edgesuite.net/sapcom/docs/2015/08/a20c90e9-557c-0010-82c7-eda71af511fa.pdf

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

YES, customer is planning to upgrade to PI 7.5 with dual-stack. The inbuilt adapter for PI 7.5 support the REST? Which one SP?

The dual-stack split document is very meaningful for deployment.

Thank you so much for your advice.

Many thanks & best regards,

Hubery

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hubery,

AFAIK, SAP PO 7.5 latest SP is SP 00, which was released on Oct 20th 2015 and there are no further releases. And REST adapter is already part of this version.

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nitin, your answer is OK for me.

Many thanks & Best regards,

Hubery

Answers (0)