cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Greenfield implementation S/4 HANA on Premise 1511 RICEF best practice guide?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Expert,

Soon, I will part of Greenfeld implementation S/4 HANA on Premise 1511 Project. I have received number of RICEF list which need to be developed during the realization phase of the project. Most of RICEF items are related to Finance module. Project is using World Template and going live with 6 countries in first phase. 

Regarding conversion -

I have understood that Data service is preferred method, and there is RDM (https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/public/rds-dm2s4op) also available.

Can i still write ABAP Program to upload data in S/4 HANA? What if certain item is not covered by RDM? Is there any limitation of data service tool? Can it handle complex logic in DS? I know, in ABAP we can do grouping of records and write complex logic. Data Service is license product so customer may not go with DS as there is extra cost involved.

Regarding interface -

Is SAP PO/PI  way to integrate S/4 HANA with third party system (like Bank)? What is best integration strategy available? Please note that i am not talking about on cloud products  integration with S/4 HANA on Premise. HCI is out of scope here. what is provided out of box for integration in S/4 HANA on Premise 1511? AIF is also license product, So customer will evaluate before going to choose this product.

Regarding Forms -

I have understood that Adobe forms is default standard. Is Smart forms/Sap script support available in S/4 HANA 1511? I need to develop check printing form, in past i was using sapscript.

Regarding enhancement -

I am assuming that here we are talking about SAP fiori extension or In app extensibility. Please validate.

Is BADI/user exit/ Implicit enhancement supported by S/4 HANA on Premise 1511? Like Materiel master extension, Should i use fiori extension or BADI user exit?

Regarding Reports -

Default user experience is Sap fiori. Can i use SE38 to develop custom reports? How to decide if given report would be develop in SE38 or SAP Fiori?

What if report output is like Dash board type of report? What are analytic tools available in S/4 HANA on Premise 1511 to develop such dash broad report?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Vipin,

Did you manage to get the the answers for the above questions? if so could you please share..

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Regarding Conversion, I am using LSMW as default tool to upload one time data.

In case of Interfaces, FEH (forward Error handling) is framework which can be use for error reprocessing / Monitoring.

In case of Enhancement, user exit is are still working well. I have implemented for Material master inbound IDOC extension with user exit.

Sapscript for check printing is still working well from F110.

Rest of details i will add as i come to knew along with my experience on project.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vipin, appreciate your response.

For conversion, we are debating to use RDM or not and I am more inclined to use data services.. so was wondering if there was any specific reason for you guys to go with LSMW instead of RDM ( for the available objects ) ? please share your thoughts on this..

Thanks

-Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need separate licences for Data services, which will be use in RDM. If you already have  DS license then use RDM.