cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQLException: Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection'

ravi_reddy1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

My Scenario is JDBC to Proxy,

this is now in quality phase  now. end user keep some test data in their table.

while testing in RWB i am getting following error.

Error: Error during database connection to the database URL 'jdbc:oracle:thin:@10.202.208.15:1521:NCP' using the JDBC driver 'oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver': 'com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.sql.DriverManagerException: Can not establish connection:: SQLException: Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection'”

i  cross checked with oracle db team regarding my db connection details like ip address, port and dbname. all are ok.

please tell me where exactly this error occurs?

Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

For more clarification as Raghu and Nitin mentioned - From OS level means -

Login in your quality server from PUTTY using admin user and after that ping or telnet to your JDBC server. Additionally, I will request you to check the JDBC diver installation once again in Quality environment though it looks like error is just connection related.

Thanks,

Apu

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

Guess should be a problem with firewall/port.

Check the below discussion

SQLException: Io exception: The Network Adapter... | SCN

ravi_reddy1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuraman,

i cheked with oracle team, port is enabled. then port  is ok.

my question is how to check firewall from pi side?

Regards,

Ravi

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

This is a network issue. PI server is unable to connect to the 3rd party JDBC server.

Please try pinging and telnetting to the JDBC server from OS level of your PI server. Below are the formats for ping and telnet -

ping <IP_address_of_JDBC_Server>

Telnet <IP_address_of_JDBC_Server> <Port_of_JDBC_Server>

If this is not working, then ask your JDBC server team to check if the PI IP address is allowed for connection. Also please check with your Basis team, if there is NATing of IP address involved and Public IP address has been setup for outside communication. If yes, then you have to provide your 3rd party team this public address.

Regards,

Nitin

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check from the PI side Ravi.

ravi_reddy1
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Raghuraman Sritharan

My question is how to check from PI side?

Regards,

Ravi

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

I have already mentioned in my previous reply, how to check from PI side. Go to OS level of PI server and try ping and telnet to your JDBC server.

Regards,

Nitin

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

From OS Level as Nitin Mentioned.