SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BCS Booking Authorization

0 Kudos

Some SAP users should book the budget in there fund center area (hierarchical) and only for one fund.

We have created the role with an object F_FMBU_ACC and tryed to assign the proper values. The problem is that is seems to be not possible to assign the funds center and fund itself, but the funds center authorization group and fund authorization group. That means that we might change the authorization group for each funds center and each fund in the master data.

Q: Is there any possibility to construct the authorization the matter the funds center and funds itself could be used ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alexey - Not sure I understand the question completely but based on the scenario described in the posting it seems like you are wanting to update all Fund and Funds Center master data authorization groups. To accomplish this a basic ABAP program can be written and using Function modules: FM_FUNDS_CENTER_MAINTAIN and FM_FUND_CHANGE mass updates can be made for all master data. regards, Keith

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alexey - Not sure I understand the question completely but based on the scenario described in the posting it seems like you are wanting to update all Fund and Funds Center master data authorization groups. To accomplish this a basic ABAP program can be written and using Function modules: FM_FUNDS_CENTER_MAINTAIN and FM_FUND_CHANGE mass updates can be made for all master data. regards, Keith

0 Kudos

Hello Keith,

the fact is that I want to AVOID the update of a master data regarding the authorization groups - I would like to use the funds and funds center (maybe with a wildcards or intervals ) themself for authorization. Is this possible ?

Kind regards

Alexey

0 Kudos

Alexey – use BAdI FM_AUTHORITY_CHECK to call your own authorization object(s) that must be built by you in the customer name space and include the Fund and/or Funds Center, whichever combination you want. Then within the role you can define wildcards and/or ranges. If this does not address your scenario then please provide a detailed explanation of the scenario and how you expect the system to maintain and check the authorizations. Regards, Keith