Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control of Macros in APO DP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using APO DP V5.

I have two questions regarding the use of macros in DP:

1. Is it possible to call a macro from within a macro?

2. I believe it's possible to set up a 'collective macro', so that a group of macros can be executed together. But how do I set up a 'collective macro' - I cannot see this mentioned in the help documentation.

Thanks,

Bob Austin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob

To create a collective macro, add a new macro as usual, but on the macro screen select the "Macro Type" dropdown and select "collectiv. macro".

You will then be given up to 6 selection boxes in "Macros to be executed" to assign your existing macros to. You just have to assign them in the sequence you want them executing in.

Regards

Ian

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. i suppose what you want is calling a macro if some conditions inside the main macro are satisfied..

some ideas which might give the same effect:-

instead of calling a macro from a macro can you not just add the macro you want to call as a step inside the first macro? ( unless you want a different macro level settings)

alternately you can make the first macro cause a value in a temporary row and use the value in the row to trigger the action of the second row using a condition statement in it

2. am only rephrasing what Ian said by saying the following about collective macros:

You define a macro as a collective macro when you create it, by setting the Macro type field to Collective macro. Add the macros already created within the steps. If you have already assigned other elements (steps, conditions, and so on) to it, you can no longer define the macro as a collective macro.