cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Asset accounting & Simple finance migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts ..

This following statement is from Help.sap  "In SAP Accounting powered by SAP HANA only new Asset Accounting is available with new General Ledger Accounting. For you to be able to use new Asset Accounting, you need to have activated and set up the General Ledger Accounting (FI-GL) (New) application component"

Assuming that my system is on ECC 6.0 (EHP 7.X) on HANA DB. using classic GL and classic asset accounting I am planning to move to SFIN with New AA.. so first should I move on to new AA and then migrate to SFIN.? but its confusing whether its a parallel (AA & GL) move or which one should be first done old AA to NEW AA or classic GL to  SFIN?

According to AC110/100 books for SFIN I have read that New AA is only option in SFIN and old AA is not supported and you need to be on NEW GL in order to use New AA. and further its mentioed that you can migrate to NEW GL inside SFIN..

Can someone please clarify this part whether first moving to new AA  and then migrating from classic gl on ecc 6.0 (ehp 7.x with HANA DB) to SFIN will directly land us techincally to new gl in SFIN ? and so that we can directly use new AA without any futher steps

or migration inside SFIN  GL to new GL is required [after adding simple finance add] for using Asset accounting.?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sanil for the reply.  However there are few grey areas in SFIN that is not very clear to me

SAP advises the following path if i am migrating from classic GL

• General Ledger Accounting:
    • You are currently using new General Ledger Accounting with the ledger approach or accounts approach.
    • Or you are currently using classic General Ledger Accounting. In this case, your system is converted to new General Ledger Accounting with the migration to SAP Accounting powered by SAP HANA.
  • You need the new depreciation calculation from the Enterprise Extension Financials Extension (EA-FIN).To be able to use new Asset Accounting (and, if necessary, also Flexible Real Estate Management (RE-FX)), you must activate - if not yet happened – the Enterprise Extension EA-FIN; this must take placebefore you install SAP Simple Finance.You must implement the new depreciation calculation in a separate sub-project.

As per above I need new depreciation calcuation from EA-FIN and activate it before implementing SFIN and in the last line its says that I must implement new deprication calcuation in a separate sub project.. is this relates to migration of only chart of depreciation before activating SFIN or only activating it .. this is confusng for me .. Hope you can throw some light into it.

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

You do need EA-FIN component along with SFIN components on your system. However, the configuration for New Asset Accounting can be done with the migration.

So first download the EA-FIN and activate the same. Than install SAP_FIN. After that complete the configuration for new asset accounting, but not activate it. Now perform the pr emigration checks and if everything is green, start the migration steps which will migrate your master data and transaction items to S/4 HANA Finance. Activation of new asset accounting is one of the steps in the migration and you should follow the migration steps in sequence to complete the S/4 HANA Migration.

Regards

Sanil Bhandari

PS- If your query is resolved, please close the thread so that it is beneficial to others.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I am ok with the migration of classic GL to new GL in SFIN, however can you briefly explain why do we need to do customizing activies in NEW AA or what type of customizing activity is required in new AA before migrating to SFIN and NEW AA and is this customizing not a part of migrating activites?

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

The below document talks about high level configuration required:

Some of the high level configuration required are:

1. Define the APC and Take over terms for each depreciation area

2. Create depreciation area in case you use parallel currencies

3. Define the technical clearing account for Asset Acquisition. This is done in AO90

These key steps need to be completed before you start your migration else your premigration checks will fail. Additionally, these are mandatory steps to new Asset Accounting which is again a mandatory prerequisite for S/4 HANA Finance.

Thanks & Regards

Sanil Bhandari

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sanil for your inputs.. it helped a lot.

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Promoth

You can migrate to S/4 HANA Finance (Aka SFIN). During the migration, you will have the option to activate new GL from a technical standpoint and than also  new Asset Accounting during the same migration. However, you will as of today not be able to  use New GL Functionality like Document Splitting and parallel ledgers should you want to use it for your business. It will just enable the views for totals tables like FAGLFLEXT and FAGLFLEXA after you have successfully migrated to Sfin.

In case Document Splitting and Parallel ledgers is something you need critically from a business standpoint, than you have to first do a new GL Migration project at the end of a fiscal year and than do a S/4 HANA finance as a seperate project. New Asset Accounting is not mandatory to be active in New GL but for S/4 HANA Finance, New Asset Accounting is mandatory and can be activated when you are doing the migration to S/4 HANA Finance.

Hope that clarifies

Regards

Sanil Bhandari