Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom theme for ITS WEBGUI ?

former_member236708
Participant
0 Kudos

HI

we are on NW7.02 and accessing ECC transaction via ITS directly in browser (not using portals).

Ex : /sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui/!?~transaction=ZPA20

Executing above displaying screen using "SAP_TRADESHOW_PLUS" but the requirement is to show it in customer specific theme.

We have aready created few custom themes for WDA applications like "custom_wda" and are using them to render WDA apps by using sap-cssurl=CUSTOM_WDA

In similar I would like to create a theme for WEBGUI and I have tried with below options.

/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui/!?~transaction=ZPA20&~theme=sap_bluecrystal and screen showing it in specified theme.

below URL failed to pull the theme created for WDA

/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui/!?~transaction=ZPA20&~theme=CUSTOM_WDA

Could you please guide me where ITS specific themes located and how do i create new one to access it as above requested ?

Source code showing the path as "/sap/public/icmandir/its/ls/theming/UR/ls/sap_bluecrystal/ie6.css"

How do i create a new theme in above location, I have not found above path in SE80.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan

I posted a similar document as in the below link

which is for NW7.4 but should work for your version as well I am assuming

Just changing the weblink wont work as such

Try changing parameter values in the webdynpro components and see if it works?

If you find the document useful do let me know

Regards

Vinita

former_member236708
Participant
0 Kudos

HI

Thanks for your reply,

Here we are not using portals and the services are not WDA applications.

We are executing SAP Transactions via ITS into the browser.

Ex : /sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui/!?~etransaction=ZABC

Thanks

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Mohan,

Please check KBA 1508958.

Have you tried to pass sap-cssurl=... along with the WEBGUI URL?

Regards,

Cris

former_member236708
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

Adding parameter sap-theme=sap_bluecrystal or sap-theme=sap_hcb wokks, but where can i find blue crystal and how can I create similar custom theme for webgui ?

/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui/!?~transaction=ZXYZ&~theme=sap_corbu ... shows the service in "Corbu" theme and path of css appears as "/sap/public/icmandir/its/ls/themes/sap_corbu/ls/ls_ie6.css"

Where to find theme folder structure to create a theme similar to "Corbu" and modified as per customer need.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

You can create a Theme under your internet service as:

Right-click on Service -> Create -> theme.

This will create a folder under your internet service by name 'Topic <themename>'.

Right-click on that -> Create -> MIME -> Select a folder or files that define your theme (with CSS, JS, JPG files).

After the folder is uploaded, you can define the theme for your generated HTML templates present under this internet service as:

~theme = <yourthemename>

You might also need to add a link to your main CSS file in your template section: ~itsmobileCssInclude, so that it recognizes it.

Also, since this is your custom theme, you will need to ensure the CSS class names, logo names, etc match with that of the standards that are there in the auto-generated HTML templates.

former_member236708
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply ..

I would be using this custom theme for many ITS services.

Shall I create new theme under "WEBGUI", example, Topic HR ? Rather creating "Theme" and "MIME" separately, I have copied "Topic SL" into "Topic HR", is that correct ? I have to copy one of existing theme and then do modifications.

What next and how to change theming ?

One more question ..

/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui/!?~transaction=ZXYZ&~theme=sap_corbu ... shows the service in "Corbu" theme and path of css appears as "/sap/public/icmandir/its/ls/themes/sap_corbu/ls/ls_ie6.css", in similar way how do i create a theme called "cust_theme" ??

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

So instead of adding new theme files, you have copied an existing file system an renamed it to a new name, right? If you will be making modifications to that, it is fine as long as you are only changing the values of the parameters and not the class names and structure and so on.

I do not know the way to create custom theme like Corbu.

We can only manually add theme files under our internet service and apply it in our HTML templates.

former_member236708
Participant
0 Kudos

HI

As per your suggestion, I have done following 2 actions.

#1)

- Created "internet Service" for SAP Transaction

- Copied content of "Topic SL" from "WEBGUI" into "Topic 99" of newly created service.

#2)

Under SICF, created Sub-element called "ZTAH_HISTORIC" under "ITS" with following parameters

Not sure If i need to create at both places, creating at SE80 doesn't work, as error says service not active under SICF and it doesn't appear by default.

Executing "/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/ztah_historic" makes transaction to appear in browser but .css we referring to "SL" instead of "99"

Could you please let me know what to do next, to point it to the the theme "99" created under "Internet service" and how can I edit the .CSS once pointing to "99"

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot create one theme under another. So the automatically created theme 99 under your "custom" internet service (not webgui), is the theme that you will use.

Under that you create your MIME object, under which will be your CSS, JS and image files.

The generated HTML templates of your screen present under THE SAME internet service will point to theme 99 by default:

~theme = 99.

You will just have to point to your CSS file under the MIME object.

For detailed steps, refer my blog:

At first you said changing the theming of webgui service, so i thought it was something else.

former_member236708
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

How do I create mime objects like JS etc from scratch ?

Shall I copy any of existing mimes under Topic 99 ?

If yes, which one to refer ?

Can I generate HTML Template like below, I am not targeting for Mobile, just hoping to edit the colors / fonts etc in the report

Generated temaplte shows the theme as "dm"

Config in SICF is as as follows...

Can you please tell me that, do we create "Internet Service" only to access them via mobile, or can we adopt this approach for editing theming ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you seen this blog - ITS templates – Styles, Themes and Legibility (MIME Repository) ?

In this it clearly shows how to create MIME repository/ objects.