cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in S/4 HANA: Define a cost element category for account && (controlling area &&)

former_member727542
Discoverer

Hi Gurus,

I`m facing an error when trying to post an FI doc through FB50 with below entries.

Cr: Cash account

Dr: Expense account (with cost center entered)

Message no. KI280 is issued, preventing the posting. Define a cost element category for account && (controlling area &&).

Any idea why this happens, when we no longer need to create cost element in S/4 HANA? How to handle this error?

Many Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Mrinal_K_Roy
Active Contributor

Hi Wei,

All cost elements are now GL accounts , but relevant cost elements still need to be created in FS00 specifying relevant cost element category under control data tab unless it is a pure FI posting (with no posting in CO).

With regards,

Mrinal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Roy,

Thank you for you information, but I haven`t found the field to maintain cost element category under Control tab in FS00. Would you please kindly advise which field it is?

Also I`ve checked the account group field status groups, still haven`t found such a field being suppressed.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Mrinal_K_Roy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wei,

Suggest to check whether you have the authorization (K_CSKB) to maintain cost element in FS00 or not .

Regards,

Mrinal

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi

You should be able to see the Cost Element category under the Control Data tab in FS00 for the said GL Account. Once you maintain that, the posting should go through. By default the check for K_CSKB is not on for FS00. If it is in your case, check with your security consultant for the same.

Regards

Sanil Bhandari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Roy and Sanil,

I finally figured it out with the info you provided.

We can only see section Account Settings in Controlling Area for GL Account Types P(Primary)/S(Secondary), while for X(Balance Sheet)/N(Nonoperating) it`s not available.

This makes sense now.

Thank you again.

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

Good to know that your issue is resolved. So please close the thread so that others can benefit from the solution.

Regards

Sanil Bhandari

suersh_vemuru
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created the account with

I finally figured it out with the info you provided with GL Account Types P(Primary).

But still I haven`t found the field to maintain cost element category under Control tab in FS00.

Is there still something missing? Kindly help.

Regards

Suresh

Answers (0)