cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditional formatting - Info Charts in Design Studio 1.6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I try to use InfoChart with conditional formatting. When I set the conditional formatting property to true it works, but some of additional properties of the chart stops working. Example:

a) without conditional formatting:

b) with conditional formatting

a) without conditional formatting:

b) with conditional formatting

Is there a way to use conditional formatting and set dotted grid lines and display the labels?  Also I want to display the measure in the data labels but couldn't find way to do it. In my query the measure is presented in the cells but it doesn't appear in the chart data labels.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aylin,

I can see these options working as expected. Please refer the attached screenshot.

Please let me know your DS & Service Pack Version.

Thanks,

Ganesh

Visual BI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Yes, it works as expected when the conditional formatting of the Info Chart is set to false. If you want to use Conditional Formatting (set it to true) it dosn't work. The version of DS is 1.6.

BR, Aylin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Exact DS version that I use is 16.0.5. Is this issue with conditional foramtting is fixed in version 1.6?

BR, Aylin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aylin,

I'm not sure about existence of this issue in DS version 16.0.5.

Currently, I'm using DS version 16.1.1 and there is no issue with the conditional formatting and Data labels. You can refer the above image as well.

Thanks,

Ganesh

Visual BI

0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Please can you let me know if it is possible to define conditional formatting in Design Studio for Info charts? Is conditional formatting only possible if it is defined at BeX end?

I am using Universe as source. Normal trellis bar chart has provision for conditional formatting definition but cannot find that option for Info Chart - Trellis Bar chart.

Looking for some pointers from experts.

Thanks & Regards

Swasti