cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package import fails with error "java.lang.NullPointerException"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Iam trying to import the packages into Identity Store and i get the error "Package import fails".  Attached are the error screen shots and log file for reference.

System Details:  SAP IDM 8.0 (Java Only)

Eclipse Version: 

Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers.

Version: Mars.2 Release (4.5.2)

Build id: 20160218-0600

Java system is up and running.  Dispatcher is running.

Wanted to check if any of you have faced similar import error and what was the issue for it. 

Thanks,

Gangadhar Ambati

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gangadhar,

It might be an issue related to Package constants. You may check SAP Note 2298652 for the same or upgrade to SP02 if not already.

Warm Regards,

Rimesh

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Gangadhar,

that usually has something to do with language translations in the import file. What SP are you running on? There has been some recent change in transport mechanism of 8.0, those issues have been fixed with SP2 but you would also need the export from SP2 I think.

Anyway, workaround for < SP2 is to remove language translations texts from transport file - with a text editor.

Regards

Norman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Norman,

Thanks for the inputs.  Let me give a try.

Can you please help me out with what exactly i need to change in the transport file.  Do i need to change any code or hash it out.

Regards,

Gangadhar

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Gangadhar,

you can comment it out or delete it, either or.

Its the tags that are starting with <LANGUAGE_KEYS that you can delete completely.

I just remembered that furthermore we also had trouble with access controls of self services in SP1. If this is the case you can see an error in the NWA developer trace saying something like reference mskey null not found.

Would be helpful to see the error of developer trace in any way in order to know what exactly was the problem.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.