Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Releasing Process Chains after a Refresh

jeff_dillon
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All:

We refresh our quality box from production 1-2 times per year.  Each time we do this, all our process chains end up in "Scheduled" status and must be released manually.  Since we have dozens of chains in APO and hundreds in BW, this is quite a bit of manual work.

Does anyone have a better way to ensure chains are in "released" status after a system refresh?

--Jeff

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeff,

Does anyone have a better way to ensure chains are in "released" status after a system refresh?

Sure.  Tell your basis team which jobs not to set to 'scheduled' during the refresh.

Best Regards,

DB49

jeff_dillon
Explorer
0 Kudos

DB49,

Believe me, I tell them every year.

Since these are scheduled via RSPC rather than SM37, BTCTRNS1&2 don't seem to have an effect.  After the client copy, the jobs for every master chain are in Scheduled status rather than Released.

Is there something else basis can do make sure the jobs in the target system are released?

--Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeff,

I don't know the exact method used by Basis in your company to conduct a 'refresh'.  However, I have never seen a refresh done whereby the refresh process MUST set the jobs to 'scheduled' status.  This is typically a discreet step performed by Basis, either done manually or done via script.

The two programs you speak of are not really designed for refreshes, although I do know Basis people who like to use them for refreshes because they are quick.

In closing,  YES, it is possible for Basis to exclude selected jobs from being set to 'scheduled'.   You should approach the Basis manager and tell him/her that this is a business requirement.

Best Regards,

DB49

alok_jaiswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

Please check if below Note is applicable in your case -

1455417 - Consulting - Variant Does Not Exist.

Regards,

Alok

jeff_dillon
Explorer
0 Kudos

Alok,

Thanks for your reply.  unfortunately, we don't get the error mentioned in the note.

In fact, nothing happens when we try to run a chain.  Since the job associated with the start block is "Scheduled" rather than "Released," raising the event associated with the start block, does nothing.

--Jeff