SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Code determination in POS Inbound

dheeraj_gupta
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

In have POSDM (CAR-POSDTA) feeding POS Sales into ERP.

We want to pass tax amount(not percentage) captured in the tlog to erp, i.e we do not want erp to calculate tax for us.

The challenge we have is that tax code is not being determined in the accounting document when POS Sales is process in ERP

The standard pricing procedure POS000 is build to calculate taxes in erp and uses condition type MWSI.

We copied this condition type and tried many permutations combinations - changing values etc for the marked fields but are still unable to determine the tax code.

Regards,

Dheeraj

14 REPLIES 14

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dhiraj,

We had similar requirement in one of the earlier project and this is what i had done to achieve this.

In the POS inbound pricing procedure, we had 3 lines for taxes to get the value from POS and derive tax code in ECC.

• The first condition type is a custom condition type which will receive the value from POS Inbound IDoc. This condition type should be a normal condition type without any access sequence and calculation type B. Pass the value of this tax amount to some interim subtotal.
  • The second line is another custom condition type which a reference condition type of MWST. This line in pricing procedure is responsible for deriving the tax code as per the master data. Once tax code is derived here, the same will be copied to subsequent condition types in pricing procedure.
  • The third line is a custom condition type which is a reference of standard tax condition type. The calculation type for this condition is also to be B. This condition type was attached a custom routine to take the XKWERT from the first condition type sub total and tax code is already there due to second line.

So with these 3 lines, the tax amount will be taken from POS and tax code will be derived in SAP.

Let me know if you need any other help.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

HI Amit,

Your idea looks very promising and you wrote it in great detail. Appreciate it.

Let me try this out and get back to you.

REgards

dheeraj

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I am working with Dheeraj to put this in. We have it in but the issue we are running into is that the second condition type needs to post to a GL account in order for this to work.

Did you do anything to get around this? We only want the third condition to post to the GL account.

0 Kudos

Hi Nathan,

Can you please provide the screen shot of your pricing procedure. If there is any custom routine you had attached, please provide that as well.

This will help to compare what is the different.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

This is how that section of the pricing procedure looks right now:

This is the custom routine we have put in:

And this is the error message we receive when we try to process the idoc:

0 Kudos

Also, this is what the second condition is configured as:

0 Kudos

Hi Nathan,

Give me sometime, once I have an access to the system, will do the needful and revert you.

By the way, how did you figured out the issue is caused by second condition type only?

One observation, I did inserted these condition types at the top of my pricing procedure to copy the derived tax code to the conditions below. This will ensure, relevant financial posting will happen with correct tax code.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

I figured out it was the second one by a combination of research and trial and error. If basically if i set the second condition to not be statistical and give it an account key & GL account, than it works perfect. it assigns the tax codes to the other conditions just like you said it would.

The problem then is that we dont want the second condition to go to the GL account, we want the third to go to the GL account.

0 Kudos

Hi Nathan,

This is what we did. A snap of three condition types in pricing procedure. I have captured only relevant part.

Here, first condition type ZMW0 is an exact copy of standard MWST. It should be statistical with given requirement and BasType.

Second condition, ZMWS is given below:

This condition type is also reference of MWST but the since I will be receiving tax amount from POS in this condition type, the Manual entries is set to C as highlighted. Please note calculation type is B as I am going to receiving value.

The third condition type ZMW1 is the condition type linked to account key.

Here, condition class and condition category is NOT set to Tax. Because using a routine, I am putting the values and other tax relevant information. This condition type does not take any reference from MWST and this is also not a copy of MWST.

I am not able to access the routine now, but in routine I have mentioned to take the condition base value from subtotal F. You will see in pricing procedure that the value I am getting from POS in ZMWS, I am putting it into subtotal F.

I will try to get you the routine logic once I have access.

Let me know if you need any more details.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Nathan,

The routine has only 1 line.

xkwert = xworkf

Make sure you manage your subtotals accurately. Other net value calculation will be affected.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Just out of curiosity, how long ago did you implement this?

I am finding some information online that the error message i am getting could be caused by a note that was put in several years ago. therefor i could be running into an issue which you did not face which is causing this not to work for me.

If you have access to it, could you take a look at Function Module: FI_TAX_SV_BSEG_BSET_GROSS

Around line 158, see if you have had note 2051203 applied.

If you did than this could be causing my issues and i will need to look into commenting this out.

Thanks

Nathan

0 Kudos

Hi Nathan,

Did the steps i had given above helped you? Was there any difference?

I have checked the function and the note you had mentioned is not applied there.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

I put them in and got the same issue as i was getting before.

I found this thread which is getting the same message as i am:

https://scn.sap.com/thread/825239

it is saying that this message could be from this section of that function module. I will ask my developer to see if we can put some breaks in and pinpoint if this is actually causing the error message.

0 Kudos

HI Nathan,

I had given all details of my setup and its all working fine.

• Have you assigned requirement 2 and bastype 16 to your ZMW2?
  • Put ZMW2 before ZMW1 in your pricing procedure.
  • Remove Group condition check box from ZMW2
  • In my system, I can see a note 1071046 is implemented.

Try these steps and let us know.

Regards,

Amit