cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto restart for messages in Holding status

0 Kudos

Hello,

Version : PO 7.4(SP5)

I want to create a background job to restart HOLDING messages automatically for a channel.I gone through below links, but it shows only for messages with system errors for all channels. In my case i have to create background job only for one channel and messages in HOLDING status. Quality of Service is EOIO.

Please help me out .Thanks in advance .

Background Job Types - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library

Administrator Tasks for Blacklisting - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Charan,

Please again investigate and resend/cancel old predecessor message. There must be some reason in the log trace mentioned for the longest stuck message. You can follow the steps mentioned in this blog

To have a permanent solution the cause of the issue has to be discovered and eliminated.

Regards

Anupam

0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

We can find first message which got HOLD by using MessagingSystem. That is not the situation here.We need to create a job/task to re-send HOLD messages automatically.

**We are using 7.4 java stack only

Regards

Charan

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Charan,

Message in status HOLDING means there are predecessor messages in the same sequence that prevent this message to be processed. The oldest predecessor message can be in error status, and this would block all successor messages from the same sequence, or their may be backlog of predecessor messages and time is required to make them all processed. This means, there is no technical sense in resending holding messages if they have predecessors in the same sequence (this action will result in notification saying it is impossible to resend a message). And if there are no predecessor messages in the same sequence and the message still remains in status HOLDING, I would recommend investigating cause of this issue instead of automating message resending (since this is not something that is normal in a system). Thus, I would rather suggest looking into a reason why messages are in status HOLDING (see SAP Note 2227898).

Regards,

Vadim

0 Kudos

Hello Klimov,

Thanks for reply.

predecessor message was delivered successfully , still message going to hold status. We tried to investigate problem cause but message log retains only one hour for asynchronous message, we not able to find cause.It causing severe business impact. so we need permanent solution for this.

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Charan, there is no standard job that would resend holding messages. So if you really want to go this way, you will have to develop it by yourself as a custom developed Java Scheduler job.

Can you check if there are any errors in default trace related to sequencer service or message that is holding and not processed?

Regards,

Vadim