Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro screen design suggestion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I need to make a webdynpro screen like below:

1.     It'll have a ALV with multiple header items on the left hand side of he window.

2.     One of the column will be hyperlink.

3.     When user clicks the column link, on the right hand side of the screen 2 things will appear-

a.     all the fields of the row which was clicked, they will be text field.

b.     another ALV below this with the item details of that particular header row.

Now, I'm OK with coding part. But not sure how to go with the design. I'm thinking of using 3 different view containers and place  one of them on the left hand side, and using another two on the right hand side one below another. Is that OK?

Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Thanks,

Sarif

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So here's what you want:

Design Approaches:

1. As suggested you can go with three different ViewContainer UI ELement but this would require you to create a main view and embed all three. 2 ViewElementUI containers are necessary to embed alv while third view element it's recommended to create the layout dynamically with input fields. This approach would be cluttered in case you have more number of columns as lots of screen space would be filled each time.

2. I'd recommend have something called the SAP transaction design where your main section is divided into 3 layouts top to bottom, the first row being the Header ALV, optional (minimized) Header details and below is the details ALV. A design like this would make better use of screen real estate. However, one issue I can think of is, you have to limit the horizontal scroll manually i guess.

3. You can also implement the ALV hierarcy or ROW expansion option like where whenever you click on the Header low link, the current row expands to display Header data as input fields at same time item alv is updated to display item contents.

Table as Hierarchy - Web Dynpro for ABAP - SAP Library

4. Lastly, if you want to go out of ALV design for a moment, you can use Row Repeater for header whedre all header details are displayed in format/layout you prefer and you click on certain row or link, the ITEM alv is displayed just below the ROW.

Thanks,

VS