cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA Flowgraphs map operation delete rows

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

For testing purposes I'm trying to create a flowgraph in SAP HANA Studio making use of data provisioning nodes.

I created a simple table like this:

What I'm trying to accomplish is deleting, for example, the row with ID=5 with a map operation.

This is what my Flowgraph looks like:

I'm using a data source node as source (with the table above in it) and a data sink (Template table) as target. Inside the map operation I'm using a SQL statement to try and delete the row with an ID of 5:

Everytime I try to activate the flowgraph I get the following error:

"Target Node cannot be empty". To my knowledge the target node is not empty in my flowgraph? Or am I doing something wrong?

Documentation and information seems to be very scarce on this subject. Can someone please help me on how to perform a delete with a map operation?

Thanks in advance and have a nice day!

Kind Regards,

Simon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry to bring this up again, I do not reveive any errors anymore but I'm still not able to execute a proper delete statement in a mapping operation. I can't seem to find examples anywhere of this. Does someone have experience with this?

Kind Regards,

Simon

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The message says that the Target Schema (not Node) cannot be empty. Can you check in the properties of your Container Node if you have set the Target Schema?

Regards,

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

I didn't even know that the surrounding container had properties as well. I got a couple of steps further now!

Thanks!

Simon