cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification required for sales organisation in real time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have an doubt regarding sales organisation.

I know how to define and create sales organisation and sales area as well.

An scenario like :

One company can have multiple company codes ....one to many relation

one company code can have multiple sales org. ....one to many relation

But now in a company i have scenario like this.

X company i have.

that company have lot of customers from below different countries.

Emea countries ( European )

Mema Countries ( Middle east Asia)

So

1) Now Sales org. can be defined from Emea , mema region  level customers ??

2) Or it can be defined for country level customers ?

3)I want to know how sales org be separated based on countries and regions?

3)How the company can create the sales area for a particular company ( real time example plz ) ??

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Balaji

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Balaji,

Different organizations/companies build their enterprise structure differently. There is no "hard and fast" rule. With exposure to different client systems, you will get a better idea of the different ways the structure is mapped.One of the important things to remember and to exercise is to understand the consequences of creating a new sales organization. As mentioned by Radheshyam P master data maintenance could increase, also configuration could increase.

Some of the goals like can be achieved by creating other objects like sales office, if you need detailed reporting.

A good read is TSCM60

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello veselina,

Then in my company we have multiple sales org.and we have 2 plants in Asia 1 and in Australia 1 and company is US Mnc.

So in this case how the  Account assignment + and chart of accounts + Taxes +export classification the company will see and consider at the time when it is launching the project.

Bcoz am bit confused about it.

Please explain with big example so that i can get idea how the sales org define and maintain in companies.

Thank you advance

Best regards,

Balaji

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How the exact structure will be defined depends on the discussions with the client during collecting of the legal/company requirements.

Before you start customizing there is usually some blueprint document, solution proposals, delta documents etc, which you should have obtained already. In them it is explained what is the project scope and how to handle some country-specific or company-specific requirements.

If you are not sure about some details on your client's requirements for corporate reporting/tax and the business processes, it is best to ask your solution architect, legal consultants and BPLs.

The answer to how all what you ask about works, is too broad to fit into a single SCN post or even in a training course.

Edit: A good place to start is probably TERP10. I have never attended it myself, but I have heard positive feedback from colleagues/friends who took it.

Message was edited by: Veselina Peykova

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Though the customers might be in different countries the company code will be one and sales organization will be one

The customers in other countries will be treated as Export customers.

always try to keep sales org as single and map scenarios with distribution channels and customer account assignment group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prasad,

Thanks For the reply.

But i have a case like

BU countries have one sales org.

East Europe countries have separate one.

Russian countries have one different.

Why company did 3 different and why not one ?

so any particular reason for that?

Best Regards,

Balaji

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

it all depends on from which country the goods are dipatched

if the goods are disptached from mother main company country and if you have single chart of accounts then you can consider one sales org

may be in your case you have 3 or 4company codes

p391977
Contributor
0 Kudos

This is completely company specific situation.

If the sales processing is completely different then only Sales Org differs.

A rule of thumb is that if the material can be sold in both sales organizations and there is

one company code, then there should only be one sales organization.

Master data records are multiplied by each additional organizational element you have,so it is better to keep one sales organisation in order to avoid complications.

<Text removed by Moderator. Begging points or rewards are not allowed. Please review SCN RoE again and adhere them.>

Best Regards,

Radheshyam P.

Message was edited by: Jyoti Prakash

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In addition to what was mentioned before, I think Russia had very specific rules for taxation with tax trigger, this is not the usual MWST that you see in BG,PL for example, so it makes sense to keep them separate.