cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we write Javascript code for Spinning Image or Processing image

pakula123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts, Lets say i have a script code in button which  does a notification  approval process by calling BAPI . While this is processing can i have a spinning element on screen which can tell user that it is processing . Once its done i am displaying a message in SAP status bar at the bottom. And then spinning image goesoff . Could you please suggest if we can use Spinning image  which shows its still processing .Spinner image is attached below Best regards, pradeep.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

clemens_gantert
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Pradeep,

we put a lot of effort into making the standard loading animation (with the three pulsating dots) work even during long running scripts with SP03 and a supported kernel. Note that an animated gif stops twirling during such a long running script. Because this was such a tricky affair it's not possible to customize the loading animation (and it probably never will be).

Since, browser scripting and eventing is single threaded, it is not possible to provide status updates in the UI or change the UI in any significant manner during long running scripts. You would have to break up your script and update the UI asynchronously via setTimout() and sap.personas.scripting.executeScriptInternal(). I will have to write an KBA eventually with lots of disclaimers that this will only work in the WebGui and that the API might change....

Best Regards,

Clemens

pakula123
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Clemens. As per my understanding its not possible via personas scripting correct.Best regards, pradeep.

Answers (0)