Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCI - xml map iteration rule

former_member288194
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In HCI, I am building the dataflow to write back constrained demand from IBP to Planned Independent Requirement in ECC ; using a BAPI exposed as a web service.To do so, I need to transform my constrained demand which has a “table format” into a proper xml format, which can be read by the web service.

My problem is that, if you have several entries for the same combination product-location, you need to group them in the same “bloc” <RequirementsCreate>. This concept is clearer in the picture below, where I represented what result I would like to have :

I have already created a xml Map transform, with a simple iteration rule on the top xml node, but this creates 3 blocs <RequirementsCreate>, which is not what I need.

I think I need to add another iteration rule to <item> level, specifying something like "group by PRDID and LOCID", but I don’t know how to do it and didn’t find any documentation on this.

Can someone help me with this please?

Thanks,

Pierre

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pierre,

See if group by PRDID,LOCID under transformation detail works.

Thanks, Nikhil

biswajit_biswas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Pierre,

I am facing a similar problem. Did you get the answer?

Regards,

Biswajit

former_member288194
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Biswajit,

Unfortunately, I didn't find the find the solution (yet).

I am still investigating.

I will update this post as soon as I find something.

Good luck!

Pierre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pierre,

See if it helps: XML Tree

Thanks, Nikhil

former_member288194
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Thanks for the link. I understand the theory, but what I don't understand is how you can perform complex xml mapping in HCI.

Is there a documentation which explains this with concrete examples?

Thanks,

Pierre