cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create an aggregate within one dataset

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi community,

I'm currently working on a data preparation where i have a dataset that contains 3 columns: CustomerID, Date (yyymm), Invoice ID (see table with example).

IDDateInvoice ID
1201601A
1201601B
1201602C
2201601D

The aim is to build an aggregate on this table where ID+Date are keys (there is only one row per ID+Date) and a new field that contains the number of invoices this customer has received for the given date.

For the example in the table it should look as follows:

IDDate# of Invoices

How can this be done in Predictive Analytics? I have tested different approaches with the Data Manager but did not find an easy Aggregate Approach.

Thanks for any hints in advance,

Regards,

Sabrina

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks Marc and Abdel for the description of how to add the Aggregation functionalities to the expression window.

I still struggle with the execution of the aggregation when having two keys. As the number of rows should be reduced through the aggregation i guess that i need to run the aggregation within a filter condition. Can anyone explain how the expression should look like with my two keys plus one new column with the Invoice ID count?

Thanks!

Sabrina

marc_daniau
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

It should work by following the steps:

-  Create Expression NB_OF_INVOICES with formula: AggregateCount(INVOICE_ID)

-  Untick check box VISIBILITY for INVOICE_ID ; ID and DATE must be kept visible

-  Preview Data should show the number of invoices by ID and DATE

No filter is required here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perfect! thats it. Thanks Marc

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sabrina, is your question answered? Thanks & regards Antoine

marc_daniau
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Data Manager allows to perform aggregations over time ; those aggregations can then be used as input variable to generate a predictive model. Let's take a typical predictive problem: "We want to target the Customers who are most likely to respond to a marketing campaign". We start in Data Manager and select the CUSTOMER table that is the entity for our predictions. Then we define aggregates on INVOICE_HEADER (the event table). We choose the function COUNT and the column INVOICE_ID to obtain the number of invoices per customer. You need to bring your customer table into Data Manager.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc, thanks for the quick reply! As i don't have two tables, i've used a copy of my basis table. I get the number of invoices per customer but not per customer plus date. So only one key is possible but in my table are two keys. Is there a solution in Data Manager that can handle more than one key?
Thanks!

Sabrina

marc_daniau
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sabrina,

What you can do is to define a new expression with formula: AggregateCount(invoice_id)

Then uncheck the Visibility check-box for the fields that you don't want to have in the result data set (ex: invoice id)

This function belongs to a family of basic aggregation functions: AggregateAvg() AggregateCount() AggregateMin() AggregateMax()

They are not exposed in the user interface by default. I need to check if there is a setting to make them visible in the function list. 

Let us know if the formula works.

Marc

marc_daniau
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

To see the aggregates functions, you must add the option -BasicAggregation to the command line starting the application

"C:\Program Files\SAP Predictive Analytics\Desktop 2.5\Automated\EXE\Clients\KJWizardJNI\KJWizardJni.exe" -BasicAggregation

abdel_dadouche
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

An easier way would be to add the following line:

arg.1=-BasicAggregation

to the following file:

C:\Program Files\SAP Predictive Analytics\Desktop 2.5\Automated\EXE\Clients\KJWizardJNI\KJWizardJni.ini

So you can continue to use the Start Menu and other shortcuts.

Regards

@bdel