cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

enhancement of Production Date in APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Our issue is we are implemented the Shelf life planing in APO, Standard scenario is working fine in APO side, we are able to get the expiry date in planing. But our business is asking they need a Manufacturing Date instead of Production date in APO side.

But problem is in standard scenario is working with production date only. when we maintain the production date in Batch level Basic data 1 tab in ECC, then only stock will consider in to planing in APO side.

If production date tab maintain the empty in Basic date 1 could not pic the stock in to planing in APO.

Our requirement we need a Manufacturing DATE instead of production date & we need not maintain the production date in Basic date 1 tab (T-code msc2n ) in ECC, but stock will pic in to planing without production date in ECC.

Please let me know how to resolve this issue in APO

Thanks

Rakesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is difference between production date and manufacturing date.

There is only one field in ECC that you need to populate:   Date of Manufacture:  MCHA-HSDAT.

There is no field called Production date.  If so, it is a custom field. 

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

Thanks for update !

But our business using Mfg date in ECC. Basic Date 2 tab we have a field call  (Mfg Date).

our business using this date in ECC they need a that field in to APO not for production date of Basic data 1 tab.

but standard is without production date stock was not planning in APO.

could you please how to populate the stock in to planning without production date in APO.

Could i do enhancement in APO? or else any setting we have do?

Please help us !

Thanks

Rakesh

peter_casper
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

it is pretty hard to understand what you actually want. Ideally you try to explain your core requirement once more.

However I would like to pick up one central theme I think I identified in your posts, i.e. changing / manipulating data. This is in general possible for all data objects (master but as well transactional data) which you integrate from ECC to SCM and vice versa. This means you can easily overwrite any batch related data with any other field.

I would recommend doing this during ECC outbound due to the fact that the relevant data is captured in ECC and can be looked up there pretty easily.

regards Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Thanks for given speed response !

There is Two tabs in Batch level T code is (msc2n) one is Basic data 1 tab (production date field) and Basic data 2 tab ( Mfg date field).

Standard shelf life planning working when we maintain the production date in Basic date 1 tab then only Batch stock will consider in to planning in APO like this (13281078/0001/CC).if i give the empty production date stock was not consider in to planning in APO like give this value (13111456/0001/CC/(01.01.1970)) in product view in element tab.

Our requirement is Business using Mfg date in ECC same date we want in to APO.

but standard is taken Production date in to APO Business wasn't using production Date.they are not give any value they using as a empty(production date) field. Instead they using Mfg Date but when we maintain the production date T code (msc2n) in ECC then only stock would consider in to planning in APO side.

without production date how we populate the stock in to APO and how we view the Mfg date in in APO.

Please update me

Advance thanks !

Rakesh

peter_casper
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

I would recommend to overwrite the production date with the manufacturing date during CIF integration within the respective ECC outbound exit. You only need to check if changing the MFG date is triggering CIF or not.

regards, Peter